Good and Not So Good

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Default Good and Not So Good

Monday I finally had the opportunity to try out Siam Orchid restaurant. I am a fan of Thai food so I've had enough experience to make subjective comparisons. I found the food and service excellent. The only criticism I have regarding service is the same one I experience in most Thai restaurants. Perhaps this a cultural idiosyncrasy. The servers want to overwhelm you with all you order coming at one time. I repeatedly had to tell them to back off and let me enjoy each course at my own speed. Of course, they were gracious, if maybe a little confused. I will certainly return soon.

Now the not so good. Another lunch at Havana CC restaurant on Tuesday. When I arrived approximately 1:00 p.m. they were just about empty, not usually a good sign. I was promptly seated and ordered the soup of the day, Clam Chowder, and their version of a Cobb Salad. I lived in New England for 7 years so I know something about Clam Chowder. This was passable but any New Englander would have sent it back. Then came the salad. How can you screw up something as iconic as a Cobb Salad? They truly must have worked at accomplishing this feat. Service was of the style "I'm really busy. I have two tables and I'll get to you when I can." Clearly untrained and anxious to go home. Quite disappointed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.