A good restaurant to go to in Lake Wales

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Default A good restaurant to go to in Lake Wales

My husband and I will be taking a day trip to Bok Tower in Lake Wales. We would like to stop for dinner and would like to know of a good place to eat. We would appreciate any recommendations.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Gold member

I don't know of any in that area but there is a web site called Yelp, which gives reviews , just put in the zip code of the area you wish to visit and it will come up with places to eat and reviews from real people. I have used it many times when traveling and it usually has good information.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

I was going to suggest looking at The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site, but the site is down right now.

You can also look at Trip Advisor for Lake Wales.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Location: Atlanta GA / Sabal Chase -TV / Home Town : Buffalo NY

Hello,

There are a few choices ... depends on what type of food you are looking for.

Chalet Suzanne : chaletsuzanne.com it is historic / pricey with a nice ambiance.

Manny's Steakhouse (one of my favorites) it is on hwy 60 about a mile or so east of hwy 27.

The Cherry Pocket --- it is more a bar atmosphere (inside and outside dining at a marina) food is decent, prices are OK ... but it is ultra casual.

If you need more recommendations I can ask my father - he has lived there for years.

Have a great day!

Jamie
Old 05-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jamie View Post
Hello,
There are a few choices ... depends on what type of food you are looking for.
Chalet Suzanne : chaletsuzanne.com it is historic / pricey with a nice ambiance.
Manny's Steakhouse (one of my favorites) it is on hwy 60 about a mile or so east of hwy 27.
The Cherry Pocket --- it is more a bar atmosphere (inside and outside dining at a marina) food is decent, prices are OK ... but it is ultra casual.
If you need more recommendations I can ask my father - he has lived there for years.
Have a great day!
Jamie
Chalet Suzanne closed last year after being in business 83 years. Used to be a wonderful place.

Skip
Old 05-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Sage

If you don't mind going a little further south go to Avon Park to the Jacaranda Hotel. On Sundays they have a great lunch buffet. This hotel was built in the early 1900's and is now a culinary college and the students do the deserts. Well worth the trip.....I go there once every year to meet up with friends from S. Fla. Food is great, and bread, soup and deserts are also.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Gold member

While you're in Lake Wales you may want to check out "Spook Hill" where your car will roll uphill--yes it does.
Make sure you go by Spook Hill Elementary school ( their mascot is Casper the Friendly Ghost"
Well worth the diversion
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.