Mallory Hill, Glenview & Cane Garden

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Mallory Hill, Glenview & Cane Garden

When many of us talk about the restaurants here in TV, we typically talk about the food, prices and service. All of your comments have helped my wife and I find many fine places to eat. In the past week (since we were unfortunately only here for a week), we had meals at Mallory Hill, Glenview and Cane Garden. In each case, we were able to sit with views overlooking the golf courses. At both Mallory Hill and Cane Garden, we ate outside. Just looking around while we ate reinforced the wonderful feelings we have about TV. And yes, we enjoyed all of our meals too!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:55 AM

ambiance is a big part of the meal. Eye candy ...is alive and well in TV.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

It's really too bad Glenview has such terrible food and service for dinner. Of the three mentioned I'd say cane garden was the best.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Eternal Member

I have never been disappointed with the food or service at Glenview. It is a very good medium priced restaurant with beautiful views.

However, Lopez and Hemingway at Havana are the two best in The Villages.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

I find all three of those country clubs to have good food for a good price. I have also felt the service was quite adequate. People here seem do only comment on the new venues. I had a wonderful dinner last week at Mallory Hill country club. So I guess I'm also guilty by omission. I love having the lobster at Glenview CC. My favorites are Lopez legacy and Hemingway's
Old 10-21-2014, 07:48 AM

All the meals are great at Hacienda CC. Food and service first class. entertainment is top flight also, The Music Mixx on Saturday is the best band!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Gold member

I generally enjoy the country club restaurants. Here are my picks, in order:

Lopez - Very good food and ambiance. Sit by a window on the porch overlooking the golf course.
Palmer - Almost as good as Lopez, but a little darker and more like a traditional steakhouse.
Cane Garden - The facility could use a little TLC (carpets look dull) but the food and service are good.
Hacienda Hills - Food and service are good, but the ambiance suffers from the noise inside. The German food on Tuesdays is worth the trip.
Mallory Hills - Decent food with a nice, airy feel to the restaurant.

Regarding prices, we find the prices to be generally very good. Lopez is somewhat higher in price than the others, but worth the difference.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.