Guy's American Kitchen & Bar

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:01 AM
Sage

And Cane Garden includes top shelf during happy hour-- we never drink well drinks and house wine--the brain hurt isn't worth drinking the cheap stuff and since we drink straight vodka martini's with lemon twists it has to be the good stuff
Old 08-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Sage

I will be in TV in 6 days...I hope to give Guy's a try...sounds very good.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We are currently in Vegas and wine is $16 per glass. I will be happy to try the new restaurant.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:10 AM
Eternal Member

Had the mussels last night. Best I have ever had. The broth was delicious!!!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
Just got back from dinner. We had a well martinis each, a order of mussels, my wife had meat loaf and Mac n cheese, I had chicken pot pie, both meals were served in a skillet. Food and service were very good, everyone was friendly and attentive, we sat at the bar. No happy hour yet, I'm sure that will change. Our bill including tax was $52.The nice sized martinis were $4.25 each. It will be in our rotation for now.
Wow, my wife and I must be simple/frugal/watch our pennies kind of people; I don't think we've ever spent $52 on a meal for the both of us. To each their own......
Old 08-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage

$52.00 in this day and age is not expensive 2 entrees @ $15.00 ea. 2 beverages @ $5.00 ea and tip voila $50.00+
Old 08-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
$52.00 in this day and age is not expensive 2 entrees @ $15.00 ea. 2 beverages @ $5.00 ea and tip voila $50.00+
How we budget our money reflects each of our own personal values and lifestyles. How much money people have and what they spend it on is another.

I would be willing to bet that most people on a day to day basis who live in The Villages, no matter how much money they have, avoid paying fifteen dollars for an entrée on a regular basis.

Careful with money Gracie.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-27-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

If I could go out and get food as good as comes out of my own kitchen I would enjoy spending the money to eat out. Unfortunately, it is our experience that the quality of food in TV does not warrant the price. There are a couple of restaurants here that we do frequent from time to time, but only when I just do not feel like cooking and we need something different. Someone mentioned Mac and Cheese and Meatloaf ............. really, you are prepared to go out and pay for those two basic foods which can be made in your own home.

I also enjoy cooking and experimenting with foods and I can put some excellent food on our table with $52.

But, referring back to another ongoing thread "this is just my opinion" and you know what they say about OPINIONS, everyone has one!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
If I could go out and get food as good as comes out of my own kitchen I would enjoy spending the money to eat out. Unfortunately, it is our experience that the quality of food in TV does not warrant the price. There are a couple of restaurants here that we do frequent from time to time, but only when I just do not feel like cooking and we need something different. Someone mentioned Mac and Cheese and Meatloaf ............. really, you are prepared to go out and pay for those two basic foods which can be made in your own home.

I also enjoy cooking and experimenting with foods and I can put some excellent food on our table with $52.

But, referring back to another ongoing thread "this is just my opinion" and you know what they say about OPINIONS, everyone has one!
Well said.

I would think that if a person's personal happiness is based on getting easily, a certain kind and quality of food and drink, and they find that it is difficult to obtain or unavailable to them where they live, and they have enough money to relocate where it is available to them...well you get where I am going.

That is from me, who like Madeleine can still cook and enjoy doing it, and like sitting to eat where I can hear conversation. We are all different, and all valuable.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Sage

Like Madeleine, we only go out to eat what we don't do at home--we would never go out to eat--mac & cheese, meatloaf, burgers, and breakfast

Not rocket science to cook any breakfast item==we primarily go out for fish and prime rib-- and barbecue, sushi
Old 08-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wow, my wife and I must be simple/frugal/watch our pennies kind of people; I don't think we've ever spent $52 on a meal for the both of us. To each their own......
You must have avoided big cities and Disney.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Like Madeleine, we only go out to eat what we don't do at home--we would never go out to eat--mac & cheese, meatloaf, burgers, and breakfast

Not rocket science to cook any breakfast item==we primarily go out for fish and prime rib-- and barbecue, sushi
Breakfast out .... love it, no grease in my kitchen, no cooking smells and plenty of choice, yes I love breakfast out and if I am in the vicinity it is Cracker Barrel

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Wow, never spent $50 for a dinner out for two
$52 for a meal out that include two alcoholic beverages, a appitzer, and two entrees is normal and on the less expensive side, with tip it was $65. Just going to 5 guys runs close to $20. Remember we had two separate entrees so if we cooked at home we would have had to make a meatloaf and a chicken pot pie. For us that's a joy of eating out, order hat you want, no prep, people wait on you and no clean up.
We eat about 75 percent of our dinners at home. When we have steak it's almost always at home because there are no good steaks to be had in TV. Same with seafood, fish is the easiest thing to cook at home. A good tuna steak around 8 ounces cost $5 at fresh market, make a mango, peach and jalapeño salsa and we have a great dinner for less than $10 pp that would cost close To $40 pp at Lopez and ours is much better.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage

What this discussion really comes down to is that we are all basically the same ...............

So far the majority of us go out for what we don't want to cook at home or that we cannot cook at home, and we stay home for what we can cook and enjoy in our own homes.

Life is good.

Closed Thread

Tags
good, chicken, spinach, guys, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.