Harvest Restaurant - Worst Service Ever

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2022, 10:04 AM
Default Same experience as far a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
We took another couple, dear friends of ours who are Villagers, out for dinner at Harvest. Here was my experience: The service wasn’t slow, however it was rather clipped, it wasn’t warm and there weren’t many smiles. I feel for you because it’s quite frustrating to be seated at a restaurant, then ignored for around 20 minutes. Ten minutes would have annoyed me, depending on how hungry I was! But 20 minutes is unacceptable.

The food was okay, but not especially good. One of our friend’s got a steak (small filet Mignon, $40). That was the least expensive steak on the menu, BTW. It was ok, again not great. Honestly I’m not in a hurry to go back. As far as the tip goes, I tend to overtip, just like you. I don’t believe in stiffing waiters. But 30% does seem excessive, especially if they kept you waiting. On the other hand, it’s a nice gesture during the holiday season and servers generally work hard.
We dined at Harvest a couple nights ago. They were very busy. Our server was very efficient but not personable at all. She was very hurried. I guess I didn’t really mind because service was quick but it did seem a little odd. I guess if I had to choose I would rather have it this way. The squash soup was amazing. My husband’s vegetable soup wasn’t very hot. I do like Harvest although I wouldn’t get a steak there. It’s probably good but pricy.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,736 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoFL View Post
We dined at Harvest a couple nights ago. They were very busy. Our server was very efficient but not personable at all. She was very hurried. I guess I didn’t really mind because service was quick but it did seem a little odd. I guess if I had to choose I would rather have it this way. The squash soup was amazing. My husband’s vegetable soup wasn’t very hot. I do like Harvest although I wouldn’t get a steak there. It’s probably good but pricy.
I rarely order soup or chili in a restaurant because they usually don't serve it hot. I especially like chili, but if it is served lukewarm, I don't even want to eat it. All restaurants should learn a lesson from Wendy's.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:23 AM

I was up north for the holidays - had great food (nice large portions, not to take home but to be eaten) smiles and laughs by the staff in 10 degree weather. Food so much better - now I'm back in the villages and will eat at home. Because of the cheapness of people I believe the restaurant workers are not as obliging as they could be. 30% tip over the holidays is not too much! I wish I could find good food here!
Old 12-29-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinsGuy View Post
Just spent 2-hours “dining” at Harvest Restaurant in Brownwood. Was only approached after about 20 minutes. Between the time the appetizer and dinner order was taken and served, it was at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. While that is perfectly acceptable at a Michelin star restaurant, I suggest it represents abysmal service at Harvest. To top it off, the blond woman at the front desk was rather rude when I CALMLY mentioned the issue and her asking curtly “what do you want?” Duh, how about reasonable service! I should mention they were kind enough to comp a desert for my family. Notwithstanding the fiasco, I did leave a 30% tip since I understand that wait staff relies on tips. I suggest this was a management issue so why penalize the server. As for me, thanks for ruining my birthday dinner. I wont return to Harvest anytime soon and my recommendation to others is to think before you visit Harvest. Your mileage may vary.
Why complain maybe are are short handed, next if service is poor than why did you tip so much , if you feel the service is poor why reward them, if it's the servers fault or attitude than maybe they need another type of work.

I would not post something like this .

It sounds like you will probably go back again.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

Wow , no one paid for your birthday dinner. You had to buy your own.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

I think Harvest has a great menu - though it is not my “go to” for steak. I stick with their chicken, fish and pasta dishes. I think the portions are adequate, and I always leave full. I don’t need a huge plate full of food, not do I expect to be able to take home leftovers for any other meal. They have one of the better wine selections in TV. Appetizers are all great - and I often will dine at the outdoor bar and order just an appetizer and a few glasses of wine, and that’s a good dinner for me, before I venture out to the square for music.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:17 AM
Default Harvest Restaurant

Funny, I was at Harvest Restaurant and couldn’t have asked for better food or service!
Old 12-29-2022, 01:57 PM
Default Are we talking about the same Harvest???

I've only been there twice since it opened, but both times the food was terrific and the servers were very attentive. I'm not questioning the poster's veracity, but to base a stinging, unsolicited review, based on one experience, is unfair. And although this may not be the case this time, often people go into a restaurant with a pre-determined opinion and then look for ways to justify it.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Not enough, too much; good, bad; tip too much, portion small......this makes the world go 'round.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,736 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCdaze View Post
I've only been there twice since it opened, but both times the food was terrific and the servers were very attentive. I'm not questioning the poster's veracity, but to base a stinging, unsolicited review, based on one experience, is unfair. And although this may not be the case this time, often people go into a restaurant with a pre-determined opinion and then look for ways to justify it.
I like reading restaurant reviews, both good and bad. I thought the OP's review was detailed and fair. I believe that professional restaurant critics write reviews all the time after only one visit. If a restaurant cannot provide efficient service because of a staffing shortage, they should temporarily close.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:36 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
I was up north for the holidays - had great food (nice large portions, not to take home but to be eaten) smiles and laughs by the staff in 10 degree weather. Food so much better - now I'm back in the villages and will eat at home. Because of the cheapness of people I believe the restaurant workers are not as obliging as they could be. 30% tip over the holidays is not too much! I wish I could find good food here!
Me, too!
Old 12-29-2022, 02:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Doordash or takeout . Same food. Service problem solved,

During busy periods I avoid the haphazard issues of dining in.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

In my view, the service has gone down since it opened as well as as the quality. We won't return until after the season is over, all the reasons stated are probably correct. During this time we often leave the bubble where there is less congestion and shorter wait times. Recently went to Ski Beach and were pleasantly surprised. We also over tip this time of the year. We try to send a message to those that serve us rather than "you suck". Will save those for another time.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-29-2022, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinsGuy View Post
Just spent 2-hours “dining” at Harvest Restaurant in Brownwood. Was only approached after about 20 minutes. Between the time the appetizer and dinner order was taken and served, it was at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. While that is perfectly acceptable at a Michelin star restaurant, I suggest it represents abysmal service at Harvest. To top it off, the blond woman at the front desk was rather rude when I CALMLY mentioned the issue and her asking curtly “what do you want?” Duh, how about reasonable service! I should mention they were kind enough to comp a desert for my family. Notwithstanding the fiasco, I did leave a 30% tip since I understand that wait staff relies on tips. I suggest this was a management issue so why penalize the server. As for me, thanks for ruining my birthday dinner. I wont return to Harvest anytime soon and my recommendation to others is to think before you visit Harvest. Your mileage may vary.
Another complaint….. Yada, yada, yada. There’s always 2 sides to the story. OP, was the place full? I bet it was. Was there enough wait staff to accommodate all the people? Probably not.

There are a lot of people that do like Harvest. Think the circumstances out before you try to put a restaurant out of business.
Old 12-29-2022, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Another complaint….. Yada, yada, yada. There’s always 2 sides to the story. OP, was the place full? I bet it was. Was there enough wait staff to accommodate all the people? Probably not.

There are a lot of people that do like Harvest. Think the circumstances out before you try to put a restaurant out of business.
Exactly correct!
Closed Thread

Tags
harvest, service, minutes, restaurant, dinner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.