Havana

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
This is our experience on Sat night 7/6. 4 of us decided to give Havana another chance after playing a round of golf. When we arrived the waiters were singing and the crowd seemed to be enjoying it. There were several empty tables inside at @7:30. We asked to sit outside because we wanted to talk and not disturb singers. We were seated outside next to a large group. A waiter came and took drink orders. Menu was limited to a small assortment of apps. and dinners $15 & up. We asked if this was all they had as we were looking for apps & sandwiches. Club soda delivered quickly. Said bartender was making several martinis and frozen drink would be a few minutes. We asked where was the beer? He returned with 2 beers. Then in awhile I received 2 frozen margaritas. So far, so good. We ordered our dinners @8pm. Meanwhile people who arrived after us were being served hamburgers and sandwiches. Large group got their orders, sandwiches. Ok we let it go. 1 of us went to bar to replenish club soda, no waiter. Ordered pitcher of beer because of slow response. 9pm no sign of dinner. Waiter arrives at 9:05 to explain they are out of 1 of our orders and ticket was lost but food is being prepared now. We said forget it, too late. Manager, chef and waiter return and apologize, offer to comp whole meal and drinks, and we agree to take meals to go. They insist it will take 7 minutes. We waited another 25 mins and left without dinners. Very disappointed with the whole evening. Happy with their apologetic attitude. Will wait quite awhile before we try again.
Nancy
It sounds like they hired singing waiters to distract the customer from waiting--to no avail--and from the disorder and lack of knowledge of what they have and don't have.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Well we went Saturday night for our reservations. Our 11 year old granddaughter was with us we were seated promptly by the host The music didn't bother her although I thought it to be VERY loud and I have 1 bad ear. We were given menus', I asked for a child's menu and was politely told this is our new menu, I'll see what I could do for you. He goes back to seating patrons when the waitress shows up we'd had a chance to check the menu and ask her about the child's menu as there was nothing on there our 11 year old would eat, she says sorry no children's menu . So we leave, I will be back after our 11 year old leaves.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 AM

Havana was closed because it was taken over by the person who owns two of the other golf course rest. There is definitely a new manager. what changes will be made ..Time will tell.. If you don't believe it stop by and simply ask at Havana that is what I was told while there.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Good try Gerold.............read previous posts and reports...............

Last edited by Bill32; 07-08-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Havana was closed because it was taken over by the person who owns two of the other golf course rest. There is definitely a new manager. what changes will be made ..Time will tell.. If you don't believe it stop by and simply ask at Havana that is what I was told while there.
Just curious, where did you get this info from ?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
That would be wonderful news, but, sorry its not true.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.