Havana

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM

Had lunch there today, met the new manager, Charlie Brown. He spent several minutes at our table. According to Charlie, changes are coming. Lunch was very good.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
ggggeeeeezzzzz. Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you go to this club for food before Chris and Charlie are both gone, enter at you own risk. After years of the same old BS, I see no change in site. Keep me posted if it get tolerable.
Yep
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgammon6 View Post
Had lunch there today, met the new manager, Charlie Brown. He spent several minutes at our table. According to Charlie, changes are coming. Lunch was very good.
He bringing in Lucy and Linus?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
He bringing in Lucy and Linus?

Just Snoopy.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Sage

Just another case of people saying crap that they have no real idea is the truth. I trust Bonny - when it comes to TV restaurants, she's the only authority you need. Thanks Bonny for bringing sanity and facts.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Just another case of people saying crap that they have no real idea is the truth. I trust Bonny - when it comes to TV restaurants, she's the only authority you need. Thanks Bonny for bringing sanity and facts.
Really?
Guess the inspectors have no clue, nor do many of us who have repeatedly tried the place since opening and been disappointed every time. Too bad 'cause the facility really is beautiful.
Hope someone comes along who can make a go of it one of these days.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpar View Post
Really?
Guess the inspectors have no clue, nor do many of us who have repeatedly tried the place since opening and been disappointed every time. Too bad 'cause the facility really is beautiful.
Hope someone comes along who can make a go of it one of these days.
Yes really - The OP said it was closed for a day and some jump to: it's dirty check out it's inspection report or "The plot thickens" or "the lease was up".

It was closed for a quick repair.

No one asked about opinions on their food or their management. The OP asked if anyone knew why it was closed and we get speculation instead of fact. So YES REALLY.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Thanks Russ. I really try to make sure I have some correct info before I post.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I agree, Bonny has always been spot on.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Thumbs down Havana Disaster

I did look at the link "Elevator Man" provided in his post. There certainly was a lot of inspection activity that took place. I"m not an expert but it seemed that there were several "major violations."

Six of us ate there on Saturday, June 1. Our first impression was that there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot. We were discussing whether the restaurant was closed (about 7:30) when a very friendly waitress told us that the restaurant was indeed open and if we sat on the patio she guaranteed exceptional service! She also mentioned that there was a new menu and that we'd all be happy with our food! Big mistake....we were alone on the patio and there were only two groups in the dining room and both had already eaten.

Finally at shortly after 9:00 our food came out with great apologies from our waitress who was really trying. Of the six meals three were "comped" since two were cold and the person with the salad had dressing that had turned bad. The manager was very apologetic but nevertheless our dining experience was a disaster. All of us tipped our waitress as though we were charged for our meals. The disaster wasn't her fault but surely rested in the kitchen.

We had tried Havana that evening after all of us had a prior bad experience. We all agreed that we would not be returning. Now with these inspection reports, we will never return. Too bad since this is a convenient and nicely appointed dining room. Someone needs to make serious changes there.

I regret having to write such a negative post but sometimes things need to be said (and heard) for change to take place. Let's hope this happens.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Sage

When is the owner going to wake up and smell the coffee???
Old 06-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Bonny - someone I know was in the restaurant and the new manager introduced themself as the new manager - the plot thickens!!!
A manager is a manager. The key here is the OWNER.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Platinum member
Default The Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgammon6 View Post
Charlie Brown? Ha! That's not his real name. He uses that name because he owned a restaurant years ago called Charlie Brown's. I guess he could use Peaches too. But that's not too macho, is it?

If anyone can fix this restaurant, he can. That is, if Kris and Diana Brown (owners and no relation to Charlie) gives him a free hand at running it. It had a lot of promise when George Stella was involved when it opened in November of 2008. It went downhill from there.

We look forward to the changes.

Skip
Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Just went by Havana Restaurant. There is a note on the door that they are closed Temp. for maintainance. Bottom line said hope to see you soon. Hope it reopens soon, our favorite place.
I heard it was closed by the Board of Health after an inspection...who knows...it certainly has had it share of problems...perhaps a new owner would be best..
Old 06-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Doesn't suprise me..Went there after golf. Sat outside as the manager said we could. Then had waitresses argueing that they were tired and did not want to wait on any more tables. After talking to two managers we finally got service after 30 minutes. Food was OK. Management made offending waitress apologize.Place has gone downhill since our previous visit. So hope they do change management!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.