Havana

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Sage

Weak management! Apologize? They should have been fired.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Default The " facts "

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
Click on the date of inspection to see violations. I see the inspectors were there 3 days in a row. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...ID=&id=3930557
If anyone is interested WHY Havane was shut down go to the link above and click on the relevant dates and you will see why. I realize many here try to support our local businesses and I do also but the facts are the facts. That said lets hope the new manager can turn this club around so we all can honestly enjoy it.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...ID=&id=3930557
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Good news - it needed a good cleaning - hope that is what they are referring to. Maybe the new manager got an eye-full!
Yes a good cleaning is what they needed. I heard that the health department closed them down until they pass inspection.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:50 PM

5 minute update lol. They did pass inspection and are now open. Forget my previous post.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Sage

All the roaches gone, wonder if the food will lose any flavor
Old 06-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
All the roaches gone, wonder if the food will lose any flavor
Didn't have any to begin with
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
If anyone is interested WHY Havane was shut down go to the link above and click on the relevant dates and you will see why. I realize many here try to support our local businesses and I do also but the facts are the facts. That said lets hope the new manager can turn this club around so we all can honestly enjoy it.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...ID=&id=3930557
Thanks for the great information. We had a large group heading there this morning, but now diverting for another place. Once they get management who can see this stuff (that anyone could spot) we might go back, but to many other good places to take any chances.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default to JBlum

Maybe there were some sort of bugs or critters

The inspection report said he had not called an exterminator yet.

That was not the latest though....it sounded like the report said this was now

taken care of.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum member

After reading the ispection reports I regret that I gave this place a second chance.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Veteran member

Being around the restaurant business in a previous life it was known you couldn't wait for a roach to be seen you had to have ongoing pest control.
That cost money and if you aren't making any the business will cut corners.
A CC owner that I'm friends with said any eating establishment in Fl. can have "a" roach from time to time but if you let it get to the infestation stage than it can put you out of business.
Also at my friends CC all of the wait staff has to pass a food handling certification and the kitchen staff have a more stringent certification to meet.
I think the lack of these were also mentioned in Havana's report.

I have to say we ate there the first week they opened and the menu sounded great but the food had very little flavor. We went back numerous times throughout the years each time we were told it has changed but were disappointed to find that it hasn't.
I believe most of the restaurant owners, managers read these blogs so they're not oblivious to how the patrons feel about their establishment.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:49 PM

Our last visit, terrible service, out of beer, not a good place to take someone to show them the plus side of "The Villages"
Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
Being around the restaurant business in a previous life it was known you couldn't wait for a roach to be seen you had to have ongoing pest control.
That cost money and if you aren't making any the business will cut corners.
A CC owner that I'm friends with said any eating establishment in Fl. can have "a" roach from time to time but if you let it get to the infestation stage than it can put you out of business.
Also at my friends CC all of the wait staff has to pass a food handling certification and the kitchen staff have a more stringent certification to meet.
I think the lack of these were also mentioned in Havana's report.

I have to say we ate there the first week they opened and the menu sounded great but the food had very little flavor. We went back numerous times throughout the years each time we were told it has changed but were disappointed to find that it hasn't.
I believe most of the restaurant owners, managers read these blogs so they're not oblivious to how the patrons feel about their establishment.
It seems obvious to me that the owners just don't care. How many times do you have to be told there is mold in the ice maker before you clean it? How many times do you have to be told to get a new cutting board? How about cross-contamination of food? It's easy to blame the staff, but IMO the owner needs to step up to the plate and do what needs to be done.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

This establishment is in mortal danger and the location could be tainted for years. IMO, nothing short of new ownership(not a sham transfer) will make a difference. I have great respect for the business savy of the "developer" and this problem needs immediate attention, lest it reflect badly on the community and other clubs.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Sage

It makes me so sad and angry that Havana is such a mess because I live practically next door and would probably go there almost every day.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 06-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Sage

If the cc owners read these blogs than the owner of Havanna must be very, very dense. Continuously being slammed on this site and an empty parking lot and restaurant should certainly tell him he needs to do something other than continuously hiring new managers. Or maybe he should hire a manager and get out of his way???
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.