Havana

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2013, 06:11 AM

" WOW " This is really terrific reading the responses this is turning out to be a real Soap Opera. How a restaurant with such a poor reputation can churn out this kind of back and forth " tate a tate " is comical, honestly.

Terrible food, limited menu, annoying loud singing and the noise level to the point where normal conversation is out of the question. It is Astounding why on earth knowing full well what the outcome is going to be, would anyone go to this place and actually end up costing them money. Plus have a giant size headache to boot.

Look I have an idea a " Contest " all of you Havana fans that keep going back and keep complaining about it ( Who Wouldn't )..Here it is:

Which Restaurant is worse contest:

Havana...For all of the above reasons..and more..

BoniFay.... For the terrible food/menu ; accompanied with, Fly's/Gnats..oh while there try the Beef Stroganoff over penne a classic you will never forget. Oh bring a fly swatter

In closing thank all of you once again for the chuckles..A Soap Opera.

My prediction...A Tie
Old 10-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Default 67 Inspection Violations in Four Business Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Before you voice your opinion about what you hear about Havan C. C. having a bad rap by the Health Dept.
Try and go on this site:
Restaurant Inspections
You can see that Havana C. C. has far less violations of perhaps you FAVORATE RESTUARANT..
See for youeself you might be amazed where you have been eating.
Enjoy your Dining experiance in "The Villages" as we have Certainly Earned it.

My Piece !!!!!!!
The inspection reports show only three violations on the LAST inspection of SIX inspections with 67 violations they experienced over FOUR business days in early June. If that is truly better than most of the other places in the villages, then this is a very dangerous area to dine out, which it is not. AS a former food service manager, what concerned me most about the inspections besides the bugs was the discrepancies which were easily and cheaply correctable yet not corrected. That speaks volumes about managements attitude.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:17 PM

we try and try but the food is not good and the outside service is unsatisfactory.
last Friday night, 3 tables of guests outside, we waited for service had to ask for silverware and napkins, the pizza was cold and terrible. reason: a new pizza chef.
the manager would not come to the table to hear what we had to say.
wake up!!! your business is failing.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:27 PM

My family and I went to the Havana Country Club yesterday. What a dump! The service was bad, it was dirty, and the prices for drinks are high. When are they going to wake up. Never again!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Just curious?? Who owns the buildings in the Country Clubs? Does the owner LEASE the building for a period of time and run it like it is his/her business. It makes very little sense to not provide better service/food if you are trying to make a profit. It seems to me this is the problems clubs run into when they sign a lease for a new Manager. Been there ,,done that !!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Veteran member

TV owns the buildings
Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Default Lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
TV owns the buildings
The Country Club food operation is leased out to someone and not under the operational supervision of TV.

The golf shops are run under a contract with TV as well as golf course grounds maintenance .

I have noticed while living in T , if the food and service is good TV will support the food operation. I am shocked many are not well run and continue to have issues. Although the restaurant business is difficult I think there is money to be had in TV. People are lined up to eat and drink every night even at those that are not up to par.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 02-07-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Dude View Post
The Country Club food operation is leased out to someone and not under the operational supervision of TV.

The golf shops are run under a contract with TV as well as golf course grounds maintenance .

I have noticed while living in T , if the food and service is good TV will support the food operation. I am shocked many are not well run and continue to have issues. Although the restaurant business is difficult I think there is money to be had in TV. People are lined up to eat and drink every night even at those that are not up to par.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:27 AM

We went to Havana last night with friends. This was our first visit to Havana and we went despite the mediocre reviews. Here are our observations:
1.The phone reservation system is cold and impersonal. The greeting is a robotic voice that tells you to leave a message. The message was returned the next day.
2. The hostess that greets you as you enter is also rather cold and impersonal.
3. The menu does have only a limited number of selections.
4. The mushroom appetizers were excellent.
5. The dinners were excellent and were served warm/hot.
The wait staff is also the singers and they are superb. They were very engaging and had wonderful voices. A special call out to Sheila, our waitress/singer. She had one of the best female voices we have heard. She also plays Belle at Disney and volunteers with Make-A-Wish. Note that you can request a specific waiter(ress) when you make your reservation.
6. The songs range from show tunes to musicals to opera and they will do requests.
7. We arrived at 6:30 and did not leave until 8:00. Some have commented that service is slow- I would describe it as leisurely. Note that your wait staff are also the servers so they are doing double duty. Do not plan to go if you are in a hurry, instead sit back, relax, enjoy the show and have a good time with friends and family.
8. Prices are quite reasonable considering the entertainment and portions are more than sufficient- we have enough for another meal left over.
9. We would certainly go again and would recommend it.
10. To management- work on your reservation system and your front door reception. You need to make your guests feel more welcome. Once seated the wait staff made us feel comfortable and welcome but getting through the reservation system and in the front door was a little cold.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:09 AM

i went there and walked out way tooooo loud...and i am NOT into OPERA...could not even talk at the bar.....the food was okay when i ate there before the music..the place is way tooo dull looking...very dark wood...needs a makeover..very depressing.....opera and i do not mix!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
i went there and walked out way tooooo loud...and i am NOT into OPERA...could not even talk at the bar.....the food was okay when i ate there before the music..the place is way tooo dull looking...very dark wood...needs a makeover..very depressing.....opera and i do not mix!!!!!!
Don't mean to be confrontational, but you knew the waiters were singing opera before you went there, why would you go if you don't like opera?? Just curious.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur "The Thing Speaks For Itself Went to Havana last week was told no accommodation outside. According to a waitress they had a charity breakfast but the waiters and waitresses were not told until they arrived. Created chaos My meal was C+ at best.

It just amazes me with as captive a customer group there is here that the only Country Club with consistency in quality and service is Lopez????????

Some people refer to posts like my as complaining unnecessarily and unfairly.

I call it refusing to lower my expectations as to price, quality and service.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM

They will happily sing requests. The night we were there was a good mix of opera, popular show tunes and Broadway songs. We had no difficulty conversing at our table, even during the singing.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Platinum member

Looks like the end is near.
Their restaurant license has expired and their liquor license is under litigation by The Villages.

Bye bye - Havana Pie...

Skip
Old 03-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Res Ipsa Loquitur "The Thing Speaks For Itself Went to Havana last week was told no accommodation outside. According to a waitress they had a charity breakfast but the waiters and waitresses were not told until they arrived. Created chaos My meal was C+ at best.

It just amazes me with as captive a customer group there is here that the only Country Club with consistency in quality and service is Lopez????????

Some people refer to posts like my as complaining unnecessarily and unfairly.

I call it refusing to lower my expectations as to price, quality and service.
I have spent good money every time I here that the food has improved or they have a new chef etc. I have been disappointed every time. I keep trying because I like the atmosphere and it is right by our house, but it is truly the poorest quality of food at any place we have eaten at in the Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.