Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Give it up!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Turn it down!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Sage

I didn't see people bashing the new restaurant. From what I saw, I thought everyone was really excited to be out with the old and in with the new. What's to bash if it is the same owners as Lopez? I didn't see people lamenting there would be no singers just some saying they enjoyed it in the last restaurant. Whether they have the singers or not, I expect great things from this renovation! If it is anything like Lopez, you will be able to hear which seems to be the major issue here.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Gold member

Looks like we can't wait to look forward to great food and conversation at the Hemmingway!!! Let's give it a chance, and see how we like it. My money is on the restaurant. I can go to Katie Bells, if I want music also. They have the stage for it.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:29 PM

Please give them a week or two to work out the kinks before bashing them. I hope they open during the off season so they aren't swamped the first night and get bashed here because someone had to wait 20 minutes for something.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:58 PM

Give it time. They'll bash this new restaurant too!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
No, it's not a joke. Throughout this thread and the others about the singing waiters, people have said it's too loud to be able to converse. In fact, it was too loud to converse in Havana BEFORE singing waiters were added in. Just a few posts before mine somebody said they had to "yell" across their table because of the singing waiters.

There's a big difference between having relaxing cocktail piano or other low-key instrumentals playing in the bar or off to the side, and having singing waiters belting out Oklahoma and Mame type show tunes.

Plus, throughout this thread and the others, people have said time after time that they would like to have the Lopez type dining and ambience here in this part of TV near Havana, where we are 11 miles from Nancy Lopez CC and 5 miles from Arnold Palmer, and those and the clubs like Cane and Mallory are packed with people from their own surrounding neighborhoods. People living right around Havana would like to pack IT too, but not if the atmosphere is aggravating and the food/service is bad like it's been.

Hopefully the new management is taking these things into account.
I agree. I go to a restaurant to dine and converse. If I want to be entertained, I go to any number of venues around that have entertainment as their focus. Trying to mix the two makes for bad dining AND bad entertainment.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I agree. I go to a restaurant to dine and converse. If I want to be entertained, I go to any number of venues around that have entertainment as their focus. Trying to mix the two makes for bad dining AND bad entertainment.
I am the opposite... I enjoy entertainment while I dine ... and i loved the good entertainment they had there....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.