Havana CC - watch your change

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
I think you meant "nipped in the bud". Nipping in the butt is just over reacting!
LOL LOL Yes, I stand to be corrected. No harm done. LOL
Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
New that was coming
You "new" it because it is a reasonable response. Did OP tip?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Havana problems

Every friday our group of 12 go to havana after executive golf. We enjoy sitting on the patio and they have good happy hour prices for beer and wine which is what everyone in our group drink. Yesterday (april 26th) we got there and there were plenty of tables but no chairs. Two smaller groups were there but there was plenty of room. Asked server but she had no idea where all the chairs were. We went inside and were seated. Thought that kind of strange because we told them we were not eating and they usually need that space around 5 PM for dining. Someone ordered a bottle of bud light and said to bring 2 right away. Waitress came back with 1 and said that was the last bottle. It's the largest selling beer in the world. Guy nest to me ordered a strawberry daq. Waitress said they were out. But we will be back next week so hope they find chairs, bud light, and some strawberries.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Veteran member
Question havana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Every friday our group of 12 go to havana after executive golf. We enjoy sitting on the patio and they have good happy hour prices for beer and wine which is what everyone in our group drink. Yesterday (april 26th) we got there and there were plenty of tables but no chairs. Two smaller groups were there but there was plenty of room. Asked server but she had no idea where all the chairs were. We went inside and were seated. Thought that kind of strange because we told them we were not eating and they usually need that space around 5 PM for dining. Someone ordered a bottle of bud light and said to bring 2 right away. Waitress came back with 1 and said that was the last bottle. It's the largest selling beer in the world. Guy next.s. to me ordered a strawberry daq. Waitress said they were out. But we will be back next week so hope they find chairs, bud light, and some strawberries.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage
Default If nothing else curiousity would make me ask...

I have never seen this practice of rounding. It would certainly catch me off guard if someone did not return all of MY change and I would ask why...

That said, trying to be sympathetic, maybe her calculator battery was dead? Possible she never quite mastered the art of "borrowing the one" ?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Every friday our group of 12 go to havana after executive golf. We enjoy sitting on the patio and they have good happy hour prices for beer and wine which is what everyone in our group drink. Yesterday (april 26th) we got there and there were plenty of tables but no chairs. Two smaller groups were there but there was plenty of room. Asked server but she had no idea where all the chairs were. We went inside and were seated. Thought that kind of strange because we told them we were not eating and they usually need that space around 5 PM for dining. Someone ordered a bottle of bud light and said to bring 2 right away. Waitress came back with 1 and said that was the last bottle. It's the largest selling beer in the world. Guy nest to me ordered a strawberry daq. Waitress said they were out. But we will be back next week so hope they find chairs, bud light, and some strawberries.
That's pretty weird.

Could it be that stealing the change from customers, is but the tip of the iceberg of deeper financial problems?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

I hear things from people in the restaurant business in TV. Havana isn't accepting credit cards now? COD with all suppliers?, notice to vacate? Such a shame for such a beautiful location. I hear the owner of Bonifay/EP wants the location. He also owns the location of TGIF. Apparently the father of the son that runs Havana ( and fronted the money) needs enough money from a sale to satisfy creditors. Don't know why the father didn't hire a competent manager to run his business......
Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I hate to say it, but it sure looks like Havana is in the death spiral....service/food is inconsistent; folks start staying away; cut costs to be profitable; service/food gets worse; more people avoid going there; more cost cutting; worse service/food/outages, etc....eventually, close the doors.

Although I hate seeing anyone [or business] fail, I think it's time for Havana to close the doors and get a competent owner/operator in there that will revive the business.

I have also been there when they were out of wine and/or beer. Happy hour all day doesn't mean much, when there isn't anything to buy.

...before someone asks....I have talked to Kris, the Manager. I let him know about the lack of beverages (nicely) and now he won't talk to me anymore...go figure!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post

...before someone asks....I have talked to Kris, the Manager. I let him know about the lack of beverages (nicely) and now he won't talk to me anymore...go figure!
That's my experience as well. Have had long talks with Kris over the years about improvements and now he won't talk to me either. Weird!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
That's my experience as well. Have had long talks with Kris over the years about improvements and now he won't talk to me either. Weird!!!

News for you. He's not the manager, he's the owner.
Officials of any establishment usually stop talking to customers when they are getting too many complaints. Just human nature.

Skip
Old 05-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Gold member

Just paid with credit card last week?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Gold member

I would tell the server,When you get the bill and the change correct, I will get your tip corrrect.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Sage

We live 5 minutes by cart from Havana and have been waiting for 3 years for satisfactory food and service. So far that has not happened. We do go by about every three months or when someone posts on here that there has been improvement, but have not seen any. It is a perfect location for us and nice atmosphere, so we would love to see a complete revision of management, ownership and direction.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Went to havana last night with our group and they had no tap beer and only bottles of mic ultra. Their taps were broke and they were repairing them. They must be on a cash basis with suppliers or how could be out of beer at 4pm on a friday. This was after last week when all the chairs were gone and they had no bottles of bud light. Will see what happens next friday.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

So sad. Hate to see any business go down like this. However, Havana has been a problem in many respects for a long time. Poor service, disappointing food...and managers or owners who don't care. Time for them to hang up their hats.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.