Havana CC - watch your change

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
So sad. Hate to see any business go down like this. However, Havana has been a problem in many respects for a long time. Poor service, disappointing food...and managers or owners who don't care. Time for them to hang up their hats.
I think you have said a mouthful.

I have never run a restaurant but keeping current with bills is really important. Now that the snowbird season is over so is the big money.

The legal responsibility of the rent payments still go on.

I just don't know why some restaurants housed in Country Club facilities survive and others don't. Some flourish, like Mallory, Cane Garden and Glenview.

But when you are serving the public, you have to give them what they want and here it appears that is decent food at cheaper prices.

I wonder why some do it better than others.

The few experiences that I had at Havana made me think that the folks in the kitchen didn't have much knowlege of just simple cooking and food prep. I don't know if there is a real problem with getting decent cooks or what here. I know the pay scale is low.

I think that it could be run much better than it has been run, but now what? How long do you think their lease is?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
News for you. He's not the manager, he's the owner.
Officials of any establishment usually stop talking to customers when they are getting too many complaints. Just human nature.

Skip

Actually he owns the lease to run the restaurant, which is up sometime in the 2nd half of this year. Thankfully!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.