Havana Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Platinum member
Default Menu

Looked at their menu yesterday and it's more than cut in half. Now there's a HOT DOG on the menu! This is supposed to be a "Country Club"?

Skip
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Veteran member

Hot Dogs were requested by the golfers.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
Cassie, confusing message. But after re-reading, sounds as though your "friend" filled out an application and never bothered returning any calls.

To infer no communication seems rather short-sighted. You mentioned he was called 3 times and never bothered to return the calls. If he wasn't interested wonder why he bothered to fill out the application in the first place.

Have been to Havana and had wonderful service both dining inside and on the patio. Judging by the wait for a table each of our 4 visits, they are not lacking for customers.

Chuckster....actually lack of communication by my friend was not my point in the post. It was that the messages he recieved were as if he had attended all of those meetings and trainings....that the managers acted as if he had been at the meetings etc....

He had applied and was interested but he had found something else...many people apply to many places before accepting a position.

He thought it odd that they kept calling.

I am not saying that the fact that he did not call them was ok to do....just that he had not been to any trainings or meetings but they put him on a schedule anyway.

I did not think that my post was confusing...I am sorry you felt that way.

I was not bad mouthing the food or service at Havana...I have not been there for a meal and have no opinion other then the decor is beautiful.

I was merely sharing the story as I had heard it....

Suzy Toronto
Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Hot Dogs

Quote:
Hot Dogs were requested by the golfers.
Lady golfers?

Skip
Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Skip, I'm guessing you are not a golfer.....GN
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Banned
Default Havanna restaurant

have to say we went to Havanna tonight with three other couples and compared to the last visit we were disappointed. Choice on menu is smaller, small section for entrees, section for sandwiches (including hot dogs) My husband ordered shrimp scampi which he enjoyed but said portion was small. i ordered pecan crusted salmon which was ok. portion was small, rice was way too hot, and brocolli too hard. I normally like a baked potato but they have none. so i basically ate salmon and brocolli. not much of a meal. salad is extra and bread i always pass on. Personally i don't think you get your moneys worth. One wonders why the chef left. Why he planted there just for the grand opening to bring in the people then leaves?? Anyway, i do not plan on returning. Not worth the money.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
rekop

Quote:
Cassie, confusing message. But after re-reading, sounds as though your "friend" filled out an application and never bothered returning any calls.

To infer no communication seems rather short-sighted. You mentioned he was called 3 times and never bothered to return the calls. If he wasn't interested wonder why he bothered to fill out the application in the first place.

Have been to Havana and had wonderful service both dining inside and on the patio. Judging by the wait for a table each of our 4 visits, they are not lacking for customers.
I didn't find Cassie's message confusing. She was just relating the story to show the miscommunication that was going on at the restaurant i.e. poor management.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Default Lunch at Havana Country Club

Had a wonderful lunch at Havana after golf. I had the Cobb Salad with mango vinegrette dressing... was very generous and very good.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Heard there was a big controvesy surrounding the chef at Havana, don't want to repeat it until I hear from a reliable source.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM

I asked a manager the other day if George was in. He said he and his wife moved on to another investment, that George was writing another book, but that they would be back occasionally. We have been there several times, not a bad experience yet.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Just returned from Havana for dinner. Had an incredible crabs leg meal at a price that was awesome. I really do not understand why people here continue to trash this restaurant. IMHO you cannot beat it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Thumbs down

I was very much looking forward to Dinner at Havana

Da Sgt at home cooking

Last edited by Sgt Mac; 01-26-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: PM from G-T he must have an Interest in it?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Platinum member

Hey Sgt,

Just curious what you ordered and what was wrong? If we ever get there that's our home restaurant. Funny but the day we toured the place, prior to opening, they thought we were there to apply for a job. Sounds as though we should have.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Sgt Mac

It is common practice at most restaurants for a hostess not to seat customers until the table or booth is clear. If you did occupy a table which had not been bussed, you must have done so without going through the hostess station at the front. Perhaps, outside on the patio? And if you had sent the food back as you claim, the server would have immediately alerted the hostess station who would have in turn alerted the managing partner that someting was amiss. I spoke to the managing partner last night about your tale. If you will bring your receipt to the hostess station, they will arrange to have the managing partner speak to you.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 AM

A friend that is a big fan of Stella's (since Havana was announced anyway!) said that their server told them Stella left because the other owners would not give his kitchen staff a Christmas bonus. Seems admirable, but cutting the menu in half sounds like something much bigger is going on there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.