Havana Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned
Default havanna

perhaps they bring in Stella for the grand opening to draw the people in and then he leaves??? or maybe a dispute took place. Chefs are known for HOT tempers!! just speculating! those would be my two guesses. any others?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelchick View Post
perhaps they bring in Stella for the grand opening to draw the people in and then he leaves??? or maybe a dispute took place. Chefs are known for HOT tempers!! just speculating! those would be my two guesses. any others?
I thought the same thing novelchick.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twynsmom View Post
I thought the same thing novelchick.
That is something that seems like it would not be to Mr. Stella's advantage and wouldn't look good for his record. It seems like a ploy that the developer would not allow. That is my first reaction. However, I can't imagine what could have happened. I don't look at the menu change as an issue, restaurants tweak menu's all the time. It seems like the problem is more the managing of the restaurant.

Give it time, I bet it will straighten itself out.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned
Default Havanna

do you honestly think it would not be Mr. Stella's advantage to open a restaurant?? He could be paid big bucks to do the grand opening for such a period of time and then move on to the next. And as far as the developer wouldn't allow it, i don't buy that for a minute. They are totally business minded and would do anything to do what it takes to "present this new country club as something very special" But most people are smart and will figure out in time whether or not it is worth the money.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelchick View Post
do you honestly think it would not be Mr. Stella's advantage to open a restaurant?? He could be paid big bucks to do the grand opening for such a period of time and then move on to the next. And as far as the developer wouldn't allow it, i don't buy that for a minute. They are totally business minded and would do anything to do what it takes to "present this new country club as something very special" But most people are smart and will figure out in time whether or not it is worth the money.
I don't know the first thing about this or Chef Stella other than I heard that he would have many items on the menu friendly to people on the Atkins diet. (And that could have just been hearsay)

In my very humble opinion I don't think anyone's resume would benefit by opening a business and leaving in such a short time. I would wonder if he was fired or had no stick-to-it-ivness, lol. Or if he left just to get the money for opening, that too would follow him.

As for the Morse family, I think that they too would shy away from hiring someone for their name and letting them go quickly. They just seem way too smart for that and also seem to respect the intelligence of the residents more than that. Now whether or not it goes well depends on the manager and the chief cook.(CHEF) The prices are pretty much in line with Cane Garden and Cane Garden is a HUGE success. It has great food, good service, pretty decor, and a welcoming atmosphere. I think Havana has rather harsh light, and sort of a small indoor area that doesn't feel quite as cozy as Cane Garden.

I am sure someone will figure it out. New restaurants always have growing pains and good help is hard to come by. The residents will be vocal and usually someone who can make changes listens.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Well put gg

Our group had dinner last night (fri.) and service and food were excellent. Arrived at 5:45 (45 minute wait), seated at 6:30 after having a "few drinks at the bar". Enjoyed our meal as I'm sure did everyone else as the restaurant was filled and stayed so until we left at 8:00.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 AM

Bravo Mr. Stella

I am so sorry for what you and your family have been through, but in the end you will be the victor. Put up a good fight Mr Stella and don't let them get away with this. I've been a fan of yours for sometime and I'm sooo looking forward to the day that you return, In my heart of hearts I know you WILL be back. Good, honest people can not be brought down. Thank you so much for replying to all of us here in The Villages. Looking forward to brighter days ahead for you and yours. Be strong, All of us here in TV and outside of TV are praying for you and are on your side.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Holy Cow... America's Frendliest Hometown!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Looking forward to having you back at Havana

Last edited by sandybill2; 01-20-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage

Mr. Stella,

I'm really impressed that you took the time to talk to some of the Villagers through this media although legally I'm surprised (libel laws not being my strong point). Good luck in your efforts.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 01-19-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage

I am curious about what the other two partners would say in rebuttal. There are always two sides to a story. If your side is completely true, I hope you are vindicated and regain the restaurant.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile Sorry..

Mr. Stella,

Best of luck to you and your family! Good things find good people, I am sure you will prevail..

Please keep us posted!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Sage

Mr Stella,

Thank you for taking the time to express your take on what happened at Havana. Your name, reputation, and inspiration were what got a lot of people excited about the Havana CC restaurant. I sincerely hope that law and fairness prevail in your pursuit of a remedy.

I'm curious.... has the Villages developer (Morse family) or their property division been involved in the controversy at all? It does reflect poorly on them when a big deal was made about your arrival (and part ownership) and then comes a sudden, unexplained departure. Almost smacks of a bait and switch to the customers.

Best of luck to you.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
Holy Cow... America's Frendliest Hometown!
Sounds like the "hometown" had nothing to do with it!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Veteran member

George,

I pray that you have good lawyers. You deserve to WIN this one!

I hope that by the time I'm living in The Villages, you and your people will be back at the beautiful Havana Country Club.

Mickey

Last edited by bestmickey; 01-19-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.