Havana Country Club

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Veteran member

There should be lots of entertainment there soon with the new program. Singing waiters and bartenders early July. Should be interesting.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
There should be lots of entertainment there soon with the new program. Singing waiters and bartenders early July. Should be interesting.
Well let's hope the singing waiters and bartenders don't have to use their own tip money, if anyone of them is ambitious and caring enough to run over to Walgreens to buy a couple of 12-packs of beer, when the place runs out of beer at 1:00 p.m.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Went to Havana last night for dinner after our Parrot Head meeting. I got the shrimp scampi with garlic bread. I have to say it was very good and I have more than enough left over for another meal. Hubby got a burger. It was really good. Great flavor.
We were both very happy with our meals.
We ate at the bar & had wonderful service !!
There was a nice crowd with good entertainment.
Bonny, you must be the luckiest person on this blog, I don't think you have ever gotten a less than satisfactory meal here in TV...............
Old 06-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Eternal Member

Oh, I've had a few and there are a few places I'm not crazy about & a few that I don't like at all. I'm just one of those that just doesn't go back if I don't like it. I figure we all have different taste buds. I just feel blessed living here and "Living The Dream", awesome family and wonderful friends. It's all about enjoying life. I don't raise my blood pressure over the small stuff ! LOL.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Oh, I've had a few and there are a few places I'm not crazy about & a few that I don't like at all. I'm just one of those that just doesn't go back if I don't like it. I figure we all have different taste buds. I just feel blessed living here and "Living The Dream", awesome family and wonderful friends. It's all about enjoying life. I don't raise my blood pressure over the small stuff ! LOL.
Excellent post!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:21 AM

Last Wednesday after golf, we met in the restaurant for lunch. The waitress was fantastic, I ordered a quesadilla I'm from California and it was fabulous. I've been longing for Mexican food. Of course I was paranoid about the food, hearing about the reputation of Havana. I'll return to Havana and I'll even order the Quesadilla with jalapenos again.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:54 PM

Just there today for lunch after a morning of golf. Chicken and shrimp quesadillas, burgers and pizza were good. Also had a very pregnant and wonderful waitress.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Sage

Good to hear these latest reports. We live nearby and would go there a lot if it were consistently good food and drink available.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default No ac

Went to the Havana Bar today after golf for a beer.....believe it or not there was no AC available inside. They said TV had to fix teh problem and all they had was one fan running. Man was it hot/ humid inside...outside nice breeze!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Went to the Havana Bar today after golf for a beer.....believe it or not there was no AC available inside. They said TV had to fix teh problem and all they had was one fan running. Man was it hot/ humid inside...outside nice breeze!
Yes, the problem they had needs to be fixed by the Villages.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 PM

We have eaten there at least a couple of times and have always had very good food. The last time we were there the server made a couple of mistakes but we all joked with her about it and had a great time. We don't get all worked up about little things and we have all made mistakes. We will be back, for sure.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
Just there today for lunch after a morning of golf. Chicken and shrimp quesadillas, burgers and pizza were good. Also had a very pregnant and wonderful waitress.
Had the same waitress Saturday, she did a great job and the food was very good.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.