Havana Management

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

there must be thr restaurant industry cannot, for some reason attract knowledgeable restaurant owners/operators/managers here in TV. A good food establishment with the right price range, clean good service is an automatic gold mine here.

A couple of reasons I can think of are, one maybe the ownership is cheap and does not have a philosophy of hiring only the best. Or there could be a problem attracting people to COME from other areas to work here in TV. Remember they cannot draw on the resident base (retired/too old/don't want to/why would they?). TV is not exactly surrounded by enough population to provide all who need to serve the businesses here....especially the food establishments.

As I have said many times it is just too easy to do the right thing and have a seuccessful business here....especially a good restaurant.

btk
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Gold member

Havana; great location and ambiance.
Now they only need to add great food and service to the menu.

Bonifay. Brunch is boring. A group of us go after golf on Saturday mornings.
The group gets real small when we go to Bonifay rather than Too Jays or along 466; then all go.
Yesterday the omelet line was long as only 1 guy was cooking them.
I too will be limiting going there for their breakfast after golf.
40 of us also do Bonifay after our 9 and dine on Thursdays because we live behind the club and it's convenient.
I will say the meals have come out timely and good. I personally just don't want to go to the same place 8 times a month.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum member

I went to breakfast/brunch at Havana today, had no problem. The food was good, service okay, staff friendly. It was buffet style, they made pancakes and french toast to order. It was all good.

The irony is that as I was walking in a couple was leaving and loudly said "Never Again".

I'll go back.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
there must be thr restaurant industry cannot, for some reason attract knowledgeable restaurant owners/operators/managers here in TV. A good food establishment with the right price range, clean good service is an automatic gold mine here.

A couple of reasons I can think of are, one maybe the ownership is cheap and does not have a philosophy of hiring only the best. Or there could be a problem attracting people to COME from other areas to work here in TV. Remember they cannot draw on the resident base (retired/too old/don't want to/why would they?). TV is not exactly surrounded by enough population to provide all who need to serve the businesses here....especially the food establishments.

As I have said many times it is just too easy to do the right thing and have a seuccessful business here....especially a good restaurant.

btk
Agree completely
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Default Food vs Service

Had lunch after golf today at Havana. The Philly Cheese Steak was excellent but it took forever for the waitress to take our order and we were one of the 3 tables that were being served at 1pm on a Sunday. Hmm , has there reputation scared off everyone forever? New menu looks good now they just need to get the chefs, management and the wait staff all on the same page.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Default New Approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman338 View Post
Had lunch after golf today at Havana. The Philly Cheese Steak was excellent but it took forever for the waitress to take our order and we were one of the 3 tables that were being served at 1pm on a Sunday. Hmm , has there reputation scared off everyone forever? New menu looks good now they just need to get the chefs, management and the wait staff all on the same page.
I am all for a new approach and a breath of fresh air. Just moved here in November and managed Private Clubs ( city and Country ) for 30 years I just don't see why we could not get a top notch owner that could create a new normal for Havanna.

Thanks, but I am not interested.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Besides bad management when they no longer could have entertainment on the patio because of some cranky neighbors who have amplified hearing aids and can't stand noise that lasted till 8:30, this certainly hasn't helped.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

My husband and I are new to TV but we have been to Havana three times and have had a good meal and experience all 3 times. Sometimes it is better to experience things yourself rather than being influenced by others.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

maybe someone should put a petition and video together to get chef robert irvine to come out and do a makeover! he could set up his food truck in the parking lot while the remodel is completed!

Old 04-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

It appears the complaints seem to come primarily from Havana, Bonifay, Cane Garden . Does this mean the remaining country clubs are satisfactory to residents? If this is correct what is it about th remaining country clubs seem to have that the former three country clubs do not?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Sage

Impossible to answer as everyone has a different opinion
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-29-2013, 06:24 PM

I stopped in Havana for the first time about a week ago to see Josh Leggett perform. His show was great! I was very pleased with the service and food. I spoke, briefly, to the Chef. It is my understanding that he is new. I was surprised to see so many negative comments about the place. Today, I saw an ad on craigslist that they are hiring singing servers, hosts and bussers. Anyone have an opinion about this? Is it something that you think will go over well in The Villages? Maybe they are trying to overcome their bad press, adding a new Chef and a new twist on entertainment? Don't know anything about the management, though. The place is definitely beautiful!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
I stopped in Havana for the first time about a week ago to see Josh Leggett perform. His show was great! I was very pleased with the service and food. I spoke, briefly, to the Chef. It is my understanding that he is new. I was surprised to see so many negative comments about the place. Today, I saw an ad on craigslist that they are hiring singing servers, hosts and bussers. Anyone have an opinion about this? Is it something that you think will go over well in The Villages? Maybe they are trying to overcome their bad press, adding a new Chef and a new twist on entertainment? Don't know anything about the management, though. The place is definitely beautiful!
50% will hate it and 50% will love it, however the haters will post twice.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage

"I know you're not in a hurry, but please move over. Not everyone here is retired!"

If you ask me, this is NOT a good tagline. Try leaving home a little bit earlier - we all did when we were working!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Veteran member
Smile You live in a Retirement Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
"I know you're not in a hurry, but please move over. Not everyone here is retired!"

If you ask me, this is NOT a good tagline. Try leaving home a little bit earlier - we all did when we were working!

I'm with you Buggyone.
Musicman, you moved into a Retirement Community.
We're retired, no need to hurry...unless I'm late for a Tee time.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.