Havana Management

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
I'm with you Buggyone.
Musicman, you moved into a Retirement Community.
We're retired, no need to hurry...unless I'm late for a Tee time.
I know this is a retirement community, but it is still nice to be able to leave home and get somewhere on time as anticipated. It is good driving manners to stay to the right and let others pass on by when driving anywhere. If someone wants to drive slower than the speed limit, that's fine, but moving over a little so others can pass is courteous, especially since some, like yourself, are late for a tee time! .
I also think people should be able to pick their own tagline without criticism. It is a free country. And...this thread is off topic!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 PM
TOTV Moderator

Please...back on topic of Havana CC and not another members tagline.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:50 AM

I recently meet some friends at Havana for lunch, having not been there for over a year. We were seated outside by choice, great view, our server was excellent and very attentive. Sandwich was good, there were only a few (4 others) that we saw. The negative point was at the end of our meal they, meaning who ever manages the putting green sprinklers, came on and sprinkled all of us! We had to move.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOJODO View Post
I recently meet some friends at Havana for lunch, having not been there for over a year. We were seated outside by choice, great view, our server was excellent and very attentive. Sandwich was good, there were only a few (4 others) that we saw. The negative point was at the end of our meal they, meaning who ever manages the putting green sprinklers, came on and sprinkled all of us! We had to move.
Maybe the wind was blowing towards you too. Usually sprinklers are set so customers don't get wet.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Sage

I love the ambiance at Havanna both inside and out, it is very convenient to where I live in Hadley and I just wish they would get their stuff together once and for all.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
If you ask me, this is NOT a good tagline. Try leaving home a little bit earlier - we all did when we were working!
Thanks, leave earlier, good advice, should of thought of that myself... Really, I was just trying to add a little humor, sorry you took it wrong. Perhaps I should just change it to "be considerate of others around you"... Is that more to your liking?? Perhaps you go review all tag lines on the site and offer more appropriate ones to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
I'm with you Buggyone. Musicman, you moved into a Retirement Community. We're retired, no need to hurry...unless I'm late for a Tee time.
Terrific! Happy for you! I didn't move into a retirement community. I moved adjacent to a retirement community for work. I work in a retirement community. Without me and others like me, there would be little for you to do around here. Not enough of The Villager's work to cover the need for workers in the area. Just don't get cranky when someone is late to get you your coffee, tea, beer, ice cream, car wash, etc, because they were stuck behind a slow driver on their way to work, taking their time, feeling that there is no need to move over for someone that wants to move a little faster. And I am not talking about SPEEDING. Most times, I would just like to drive the actual speed limit! In fact, I enjoy a relaxed drive from time to time, but I do it in the RIGHT lane, allowing those who wish to go a little faster to pass me. Unfortunately, the attitude you express here is rather common, in my experience. My tagline was meant to express a little humor, and to remind people that there are other people here trying to make a living at allowing you to live the good life for which you worked so hard. Or, gosh, I don't know...think of others once in awhile, be nice, do unto others... Geez! And I did say PLEASE!!

Funny how this thread got "hijacked" because of my tag line. So far few have commented on the meat of my post.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:49 PM

So, back to my original question... Any thoughts about the new Chef at Havana? And what do you all think about the singing staff? I find it intriguing. I think it is something I would enjoy attending and something I would enjoy doing, but not sure how it would fly here.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
So, back to my original question... Any thoughts about the new Chef at Havana? And what do you all think about the singing staff? I find it intriguing. I think it is something I would enjoy attending and something I would enjoy doing, but not sure how it would fly here.
Don't know anything about the new chef so can't comment on that.

Singing staff would go over great if it was done well. Villagers love to have a good time and it wouldn't surprise me if you found them singing along.
I believe Johnny Rockets already does this.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.