Havanna restraurant getting worse by the day

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Default Havanna restraurant getting worse by the day

Since its opening back in 2008, the Havana CC Restaurant has gotten progressively worse. it has changed operational management several times and to no improvement. Recently it was closed for TWO DAYS, and to better explain the reason click on the LINK below, and see the most recent comments about the roaches and other violations. YOU DECIDE if you really want to eat there when management/owners really do not seem to care to get their act together.

They were closed last week for two days. The link below may help you understand if you had not heard.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...ID=&id=3930557

MOST RECENT VIOLATIONS

Routine - Food 06/11/2013 Follow-up Inspection Required Violations require further review, but are not an immediate threat to the public.

More information about inspections.
2 0 6

Violations: A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below. The department cites violations of Florida's sanitation and safety laws, which are based on the standards of U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Food Code. High Priority violations are those which could contribute directly to a food borne illness or injury and include items such as cooking, reheating, cooling and hand-washing. Intermediate violations are those which, if not addressed, could lead to risk factors that contribute to food borne illness or injury. These violations include personnel training, documentation or record keeping and labeling. Basic violations are those which are considered best practices to implement. While most establishments correct all violations in a timely manner (often during the inspection), the division's procedures are designed to compel compliance with all violations through follow-up visits, administration action or closure when necessary.

Violation NR. Observation
14-09-4 Basic - Cutting board has cut marks and is no longer cleanable a repeat Violation **Warning issued

14-67-4 Basic - Reach-in cooler gasket torn/in disrepair. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

29-11-4 Basic - Leaking pipe at plumbing fixture. Underneath waitstation ice bin. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

35A-03-4 High Priority - Dead roaches on premises. 2 dead roaches underneath cookline handsink 3 dead roaches in dishroom 4 dead roaches in office 2 dead roaches in corner of cookline behind refrigerator. This violation must be corrected by 6/12/13 **Warning issued

35A-05-4 High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach crawling on dishroom wall 1 live roach crawling on stone pizza oven on cookline 6 live roaches of various sizes in corner of ceiling at stone pizza oven 2 in holes in dishroom 3 in crack in wall at ice machine. 3 in corner of ceiling over prep room handsink this violation must be corrected by 6/12/13. **Warning issued

35B-01-4 Basic - Exterior door has a gap at the threshold that opens to the outside. **Warning issued

36-71-4 Basic - Floor drains/drain covers heavily soiled. Throughout **Warning issued.
36-74-4 Basic - Build-up of soil/debris on the floor along the walls, baseboards, cabinets and/or equipment. Throughout **Warning issued.

ALL THIS BEGS THE QUESTION...WHY EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Eternal Member

There is a thread already going about Havana right now. Do we really need another thread going ??
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Sage

I salute the OP for this information

We live 6 minutes from Havana and would love to see it improve. They have a perfect location and facilities but have zero talent from the chef. Havana would be super candidate for BAR RESQUE.

If they could serve food like Lopez, I would not go anywhere else foe dinner
Old 06-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
There is a thread already going about Havana right now. Do we really need another thread going ??
Bonnie, as you know I am a cheerleader for Cody,s, but Havana needs help NOW!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Platinum member

Thanks for the heads up NavyCO. There have been a number of complaints here in the past. It seems Havana CC just doesn't get the message.

Last edited by downeaster; 06-17-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
thanks for the heads up navyco. There have been a number of complaints here in the past. It seems havana cc just doesn't get the message.
bingo
Old 06-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Sage
Smile

Thanks for the information. Havana needs to get it together. They have an awesome location and a beautiful restaurant. Now they just need to have well prepared food in a clean kitchen.

Last edited by jnieman; 06-17-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

I also appreciate the heads up on Havana and the additional information on the failed inspections. We live 10 minutes from there and would love to be able to go and enjoy the beautiful restaurant and have good food and service, but we have been there three times and the third time was not the charm. I agree they keep getting worse.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Eternal Member

Yes, I agree Havana needs to make some changes. And yes, what the OP put up is information everyone wants to know, however the link to this is already on the other thread that is running right now.
It's 2 threads saying the exact same thing.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have the state website on my desktop and Havanna is not alone here. In fact the only two resaturants that I have come across that have had 0 violations are Son Set Rest and Giovanni Everywhere else I looked had from minor to major infractions.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum member

They have emails being sent to people on their mail lists and an ad campaign about singing waiters starting July 3. I'd rather have good and hot food and a clean kitchen which they don't seem to be able to do.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
They have emails being sent to people on their mail lists and an ad campaign about singing waiters starting July 3. I'd rather have good and hot food and a clean kitchen which they don't seem to be able to do.
Singing waiters?

Will they sing La Cucaracha?

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Singing waiters?

Love it!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
Singing waiters?

Now that right there is funny -- I don't care who y'are!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Gold member

I'll bet the other thread (which I did not know about til reading this one) is not as funny as this one! Thanks, Patty.
In reality, they're different!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.