Havanna restraurant getting worse by the day

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCO View Post
The owners are two housewives that have NO experience running such a place. The husband thought it would be neat for them....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Where in the world did you get that information?

Skip
Yes, please provide the facts behind that statement. Otherwise it seems very inflammatory. Or perhaps you are flaming and I am falling for it?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Sage
Default More inspections

Quote:
Since its opening back in 2008, the Havana CC Restaurant has gotten progressively worse. it has changed operational management several times and to no improvement. Recently it was closed for TWO DAYS, and to better explain the reason click on the LINK below, and see the most recent comments about the roaches and other violations. YOU DECIDE if you really want to eat there when management/owners really do not seem to care to get their act together.

They were closed last week for two days. The link below may help you understand if you had not heard.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...ID=&id=3930557

MOST RECENT VIOLATIONS

Routine - Food 06/11/2013 Follow-up Inspection Required Violations require further review, but are not an immediate threat to the public.

More information about inspections.
2 0 6

Violations: A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below. The department cites violations of Florida's sanitation and safety laws, which are based on the standards of U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Food Code. High Priority violations are those which could contribute directly to a food borne illness or injury and include items such as cooking, reheating, cooling and hand-washing. Intermediate violations are those which, if not addressed, could lead to risk factors that contribute to food borne illness or injury. These violations include personnel training, documentation or record keeping and labeling. Basic violations are those which are considered best practices to implement. While most establishments correct all violations in a timely manner (often during the inspection), the division's procedures are designed to compel compliance with all violations through follow-up visits, administration action or closure when necessary.

Violation NR. Observation
14-09-4 Basic - Cutting board has cut marks and is no longer cleanable a repeat Violation **Warning issued

14-67-4 Basic - Reach-in cooler gasket torn/in disrepair. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

29-11-4 Basic - Leaking pipe at plumbing fixture. Underneath waitstation ice bin. **Repeat Violation** **Warning issued.

35A-03-4 High Priority - Dead roaches on premises. 2 dead roaches underneath cookline handsink 3 dead roaches in dishroom 4 dead roaches in office 2 dead roaches in corner of cookline behind refrigerator. This violation must be corrected by 6/12/13 **Warning issued

35A-05-4 High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach crawling on dishroom wall 1 live roach crawling on stone pizza oven on cookline 6 live roaches of various sizes in corner of ceiling at stone pizza oven 2 in holes in dishroom 3 in crack in wall at ice machine. 3 in corner of ceiling over prep room handsink this violation must be corrected by 6/12/13. **Warning issued

35B-01-4 Basic - Exterior door has a gap at the threshold that opens to the outside. **Warning issued

36-71-4 Basic - Floor drains/drain covers heavily soiled. Throughout **Warning issued.
36-74-4 Basic - Build-up of soil/debris on the floor along the walls, baseboards, cabinets and/or equipment. Throughout **Warning issued.

ALL THIS BEGS THE QUESTION...WHY EAT AT THIS RESTAURANT?
Thanks for posting. Where did you find this info? I would like to check the inspections for the restaurants I frequent.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The owners are two housewives that have NO experience running such a place. The husband thought it would be neat for them....
Skip and CFrance asked and I will too. Everyone else seems to think that folks named Brown own the business. Where did you hear it was two housewives? Do you mean the supposed new owners? If so, please allow us to know why you say this.

I would have to guess that the landlords, (Morses) would be careful to see that people who are leasing their facilities were not rookies.

That is the first thought that comes to my mind. What really bothers me about this whole deal is that the potential for remarkable success lies in the location and the beautiful building. I wish that the same kind of entity that runs Cane, Mallory and Glenview would run Havana. It is a crying shame that the folks who have been running it can't seem to do it well.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Havana has had a poor reputation for some time but this public health report is really over the top. Live roaches/dead roaches in the kitchen----thats really unacceptable to me. Havana, as previously noted, has had their problems since opening in 2008. We've had some pretty good dinners at Havana as late as last year---not outstanding but certainly acceptable. I hope they can get their act together----it will probably take all new management and kitchen staff. This latest information is very damaging.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Eternal Member

Went to Havana last night for dinner after our Parrot Head meeting. I got the shrimp scampi with garlic bread. I have to say it was very good and I have more than enough left over for another meal. Hubby got a burger. It was really good. Great flavor.
We were both very happy with our meals.
We ate at the bar & had wonderful service !!
There was a nice crowd with good entertainment.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Where did you get this information ??
Old 06-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Yeah, but they didn't run out of beer so they're excused
Yea but didn't run out of -----is also a good excuse when it results in the misjudgment of your 2:00AM hook up
Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 PM

Rubicon is correct; if you only patronize restaurants with zero violations you will not be eating out. Every restaurant has it's violations; it's what they do about those violations is what's really important. I'm told the current Havana owner recently replaced some of the staff responsible for areas of serious violations as well as replacing the exterminator company because they simply were not showing up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.