Have you eaten at the Food Trucks?

Have you eaten at the Food Trucks?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Wondering if these food trucks take Visa?

(Mrs Spoiler doesn’t let me carry much cash....)
Spoiler, I have no idea if they take Visa, but I have to tell you that you have absolutely the best Avitar of anyone using TOV. Curly rules : )

Old 09-07-2019, 07:56 PM

Pleasant experience at the Food Trucks for us. Very tasty and convenient. Granted, this is not an air conditioned restaurant, but what would you expect? Try to think of it as being a picnic you don't have to prepare, and enjoy the beautiful outdoors setting. They are clean and efficient. Restrooms are easily accessed . The food is priced fairly and we have never waited more than 15 minutes to pick up our orders. A wonderful change of pace here. --NOTE: most picnics I have experienced, also included a few insects too. The food trucks will not become my favorite place to eat , but the occasional "picnic" and fantastic view are a nice addition to what we already enjoy here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ditka41 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2019, 07:24 AM

We stopped in last night after the football game for a drink. It was around 7:30 and not busy at all. The setting is great and we enjoyed watching an older couple piddle around on one of the Pitch and Putt greens (with their dogs? WTH?). Anyway, it was nice until the mosquitos started to come out. Some citronella candles or torches would have been nice. This was our second trip and we will go back occasionally.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:58 AM

We went for the first time the other day I was not impressed, tacos were ok at best bugs all over the ride there from DeSoto was the best part of the evening prolly won't be back...
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 AM

We eat outside at other restaurants in the Villages all the time. Are the bugs there worse than sitting outside at McAlistars or City Fire?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:03 PM

I agree with the comment that Edna's Beef Brisket is a great choice. We ate there a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Good beer selection as well.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 PM

I was not impressed with the ribs at Edna’s. There was no way I could separate the ribs with a plastic knife and found them to be fatty. My husband’s chicken sandwich was tough and almost inedible. I guess I should have tried the beef brisket since this seems to be a popular choice. I like the food truck concept but did not like the flies.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
So the Edna's on the Green building is not air conditioned?
No A/C but there are fans in a totally open venue. It does have a roof and large picture windows. When we were there, the wind picked up right before a thunder storm.The employees were scrambling to close the large picture windows.

Hubby and I went there just to check out the food trucks. We won't be back.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftusb View Post
My wife and I tried Rita's last week. Bar none, the WORST food we have ever had at any restaurant. The fly's were the icing on the experience.
Rita's charges $3.00 for a small basket of chips and salsa. That is included in all Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. They don't have queso.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

The alternative to not having a restaurant nearby, in my opinion is not a food truck. It is a restaurant maybe 15 minutes away from the bubble.
So true but one doesn't have to leave the bubble. Drive to Brownwood for restaurants. Was speaking to a friend who went to the sales center in the southern area. He asked a sales person where to take visitors for a nice dinner. The sales person told him there were two food trucks to eat dinner. Our friend reiterated that he wanted to know where to take visiting family and friends out for a nice dinner. Same answer......there are two food trucks.

Seriously????

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-22-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Tags
beef, good, ritas, brisket, ednas