Hoagies and Cheesesteaks

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
. . . . But, on the other hand, 'home', at least for most of us, didn't have the beautiful Florida sunshine and sunsets, music on the town squares, the cute little gekkos, golf cart paths to use as roads, beaches only a short drive away, and so on . . . . ! We are blessed to be here.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Wink Cheesesteaks.

Wea are from yje Philly area and we have recently found a place called CHI's in the saqme shopping center as Publix in spanish springs area. It will satisfy all your cheese steak craveings. We eat there at least twice a week. It's not pat's pr Gino's but close.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Wink

Try the new menu Cheese Syeak @ Beef O'Bradys. It is small but it is on an Amorosa bun.
For a sub I prefer Sweet Bay. larger and lower in price than Publix.{ $5.95}
Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Nothing in the world like TV! Awesome place to live and play.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreen leonardi View Post
the best cheese steaks are now at chi's grill & ice cream next to Hallmark on 441. If you want they'll make it with grilled chicken which is great also. the bread is wonderful.
Sally,

I agree with Loreen. Of course, the cheesesteaks aren't as good as Capriotti's.

Kathy

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 09-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Jersey Mikes is gone. I did love his "big kahuna"
Sweat Creams is now CHI'S GRILL
They have a version of a PHilly that is 'pretty good'. The nice thing is he's very customer oriented and will make it like you want it as for onions, mushrooms peppers if you want. Hand cut ho-made fries if you like that sort of thing and I think he has "whiz".

Funny story . . .I told a couple girls from Scotland about whiz and they couldn't believe it.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Gold member

I thought the Cane Garden Philly cheese-steak was pretty good, but I'm not from Philly. They serve it open-faced, and you have to fold it into a sandwich. Messy.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Eternal Member

We were not excited about Chi's.

Gator's Dockside makes a pretty good Philly Cheese Steak.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
I thought the Cane Garden Philly cheese-steak was pretty good, but I'm not from Philly. They serve it open-faced, and you have to fold it into a sandwich. Messy.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 PM

Publics and Sweet Bay have some delicious hoagies, custom-made, that I would recommend! Mmmmnnn!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
We were not excited about Chi's.

Gator's Dockside makes a pretty good Philly Cheese Steak.
Zcaveman, What didn't you like about it? The guy that makes them says he doesn't make "philly cheese steaks"
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank2112 View Post
Zcaveman, What didn't you like about it? The guy that makes them says he doesn't make "philly cheese steaks"
I was looking through my subscriptions and noticed this post. Don't l know how I missed it before.

I checked with the deciding vote in restaurants (my wife) and was reminded that indeed Chi's does not make Philly cheese steaks. Somewhere we were under the impression that they did. We purposefully went to Chi's for the Philly cheese steak. We checked the menu and the store itself and decided that it was not for us.

Also, there was no one eating any sandwiches when we were there and there were several people there. So we left.

So I guess when I said Chi's was not to my liking, it was the place and the menu. It was nothing to do with the food. I should have been more definitive in my post.

In after thought, I should have not said anything about Chi's.

Sorry for misleading anyone.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I was looking through my subscriptions and noticed this post. Don't l know how I missed it before.

I checked with the deciding vote in restaurants (my wife) and was reminded that indeed Chi's does not make Philly cheese steaks. Somewhere we were under the impression that they did. We purposefully went to Chi's for the Philly cheese steak. We checked the menu and the store itself and decided that it was not for us.

Also, there was no one eating any sandwiches when we were there and there were several people there. So we left.

So I guess when I said Chi's was not to my liking, it was the place and the menu. It was nothing to do with the food. I should have been more definitive in my post.

In after thought, I should have not said anything about Chi's.

Sorry for misleading anyone.

Z

Hi Z!

The owner once told me that he doesnt make Philly's because he is not from Philly and does not want to insult anyone from that area. I myself am a Nyer that has never had a "philly cheese steak" but I do think these are great!

I also think people dont know they are there & still think they are sweet creams
Old 10-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Veteran member

Their could never be a cheesesteak or hoagie for that matter, better than Capriotti's (Wilmington, Delaware). Will go try Chi's, but actually found a decent one by accident last night: of all places: Taki's (Greek/Italian) in shopping center next to Lowes on 27/441. Will go back again for their cheesesteak.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:47 AM

Went to Chi's yesterday... It was awesome. We both had the Cheese Steak subs and hand cut fries. Just like back home (MA). Personally I do not like Philly Cheese steak subs, but I loved these. We definitely will go back.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.