Hot Pot restaurant in Orlando

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Default Hot Pot restaurant in Orlando

I ate at a new "hot pot" restaurant in Orlando yesterday, it was just like what we had in China. For those of you not familiar with hot pot, from a check off sheet you select a type of broth ( spicy, thai, mild, etc.) select a type of noodle (udon, ramen, etc.) select a protein (fish, beef, port, meatball) select vegetables (bok choy, scallions, carrots, tofu, snow peas, mushrooms, etc.) They bring a pot of the broth you selected to the table and place it on a convection burner where it quickly gets to the boiling point. They bring you the various items you selected and you add them to the simmering broth to cook, when done, dig in. They also have a variety of condiments that you can make a dipping sauce with. Another plus, since they don't have a liquor licence they allow you to bring in your own beer.
You can see their menu on the internet, just Google "rice noodles orlande fl" and you will get their web page. They are on Mills St, East of 4 and North of Fifty. Enjoy!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Sage

Sounds mighty tasty!

In the Washington DC area we had quite a few Pho restaurants. This is Vietnamese noodle soup. It also had the rice noodles, very tasty broth, and various meats - my favorite was the Vietnamese meat ball (never knew what was in it). Huge bowl of the soup was only about $4.

Sounds similar to the hot pot except we did not cook it at the table - it was served to you at long communal tables - and most of the customers were of Vietnamese background.

Probably some of those Pho restaurants in the Orlando area, too.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Sounds mighty tasty!

In the Washington DC area we had quite a few Pho restaurants. This is Vietnamese noodle soup. It also had the rice noodles, very tasty broth, and various meats - my favorite was the Vietnamese meat ball (never knew what was in it). Huge bowl of the soup was only about $4.

Sounds similar to the hot pot except we did not cook it at the table - it was served to you at long communal tables - and most of the customers were of Vietnamese background.

Probably some of those Pho restaurants in the Orlando area, too.
Is that also spelled faux?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Pho (pronounced "Fa") is delicious as well but the variety in pho is from the various meats that are used (flank, fatty flank, tendon, rib eye, tripe,etc) you usually select more than one meat. Add rice noodles, scallions, bean sprouts, fresh basil, and hot sauce to your taste. What is served at the asian fusion restaurant is a poor imitation of pho.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
Pho (pronounced "Fa") is delicious as well but the variety in pho is from the various meats that are used (flank, fatty flank, tendon, rib eye, tripe,etc) you usually select more than one meat. Add rice noodles, scallions, bean sprouts, fresh basil, and hot sauce to your taste. What is served at the asian fusion restaurant is a poor imitation of pho.
Love Pho and have been searching for a Vietnamese Pho restaurant in The Villages immediate area............search has been unsuccessful. Appears closest Pho restaurants are in the Orlando area.

Particularly like chicken rice noodle with all above additions. It's a meal in a bowl.

Any recommendations?
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
Love Pho and have been searching for a Vietnamese Pho restaurant in The Villages immediate area............search has been unsuccessful. Appears closest Pho restaurants are in the Orlando area.

Particularly like chicken rice noodle with all above additions. It's a meal in a bowl.

Any recommendations?
Here's a link to Pho restaurants. Looks like the closest are in Orlando and Tampa. When you click on the city, you get a list of the restaurants.

Pho Restaurants in Florida
Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayschic View Post
Here's a link to Pho restaurants. Looks like the closest are in Orlando and Tampa. When you click on the city, you get a list of the restaurants.

Pho Restaurants in Florida
Thanks great link......here's another....Asian Restaurants and Food

Happy Pho hunting.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1366 View Post
I ate at a new "hot pot" restaurant in Orlando yesterday, it was just like what we had in China. For those of you not familiar with hot pot, from a check off sheet you select a type of broth ( spicy, thai, mild, etc.) select a type of noodle (udon, ramen, etc.) select a protein (fish, beef, port, meatball) select vegetables (bok choy, scallions, carrots, tofu, snow peas, mushrooms, etc.) They bring a pot of the broth you selected to the table and place it on a convection burner where it quickly gets to the boiling point. They bring you the various items you selected and you add them to the simmering broth to cook, when done, dig in. They also have a variety of condiments that you can make a dipping sauce with. Another plus, since they don't have a liquor licence they allow you to bring in your own beer.
You can see their menu on the internet, just Google "rice noodles orlande fl" and you will get their web page. They are on Mills St, East of 4 and North of Fifty. Enjoy!!!
That area of O-ville (around 50 (Colonial Dr.) & Mills has been known as Lil Saigon for many years.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.