Hyper Inflation at McDonald’s

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We have been trained to accept the INFLATION and hence they sock it to us!

Not to worry most of us have our SS pay increase coming in January to offset the "cost of the increases".
I agree. Now that we have been "conditioned" they have taken the gloves off. The price of the burrito breakfast meal went up by more the $2.00! We won't be going back there any time soon.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrhobson View Post
I agree. Now that we have been "conditioned" they have taken the gloves off. The price of the burrito breakfast meal went up by more the $2.00! We won't be going back there any time soon.
None of the fast food places serves healthful, nutritious food. You owe it to your most valuable asset......which is your health.....to avoid fast food establishments. Instead, buy fresh produce at various places in TV like Sprouts or farmer's market and do some easy home cooking. The more plant based foods you include the better!
Old 11-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,347 Times in 2,860 Posts

I’ve always said I wouldn’t eat that crap for no charge even if I got paid the price of the meal. At close to $20 for a Big Mac, fries, and a drink I might have to rethink that position.
Old 11-04-2023, 07:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,195 Times in 596 Posts
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I’ve always said I wouldn’t eat that crap for no charge even if I got paid the price of the meal. At close to $20 for a Big Mac, fries, and a drink I might have to rethink that position.
Most of us couldn’t eat that processed garbage anyway. The fats would send havoc through the ole digestive system. As for cokes, I haven’t drank one in years. Why take in extra carbs that way when I can have ice cream.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 11-04-2023, 09:58 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,384 Times in 634 Posts

I am watching tv and just saw a commercial for Chili’s 3 for me deal. It is unlimited chips and salsa, free refills on drinks, and an entree with sides for $10.99.

This seems like a much better deal McDonald’s. I don’t ever recall a time where a casual restaurant such as Chili’s was cheaper than a fast food restaurant!
Old 11-05-2023, 04:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,546 Times in 2,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalley View Post
None of the fast food places serves healthful, nutritious food. You owe it to your most valuable asset......which is your health.....to avoid fast food establishments. Instead, buy fresh produce at various places in TV like Sprouts or farmer's market and do some easy home cooking. The more plant based foods you include the better!
My dear wife has always fed us both "healthy" and that probably is why I am still here.
But.
I still miss junk food!

PS.......and after all these years, I still can't see the case or reason for lettuce!
Old 11-05-2023, 05:04 AM
Platinum member
Default Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post

PS.......and after all these years, I still can't see the case or reason for lettuce!
I don’t like lettuce either, but it is a “producer”. It gets all its potential from the sun and any soil minerals. You receive this potential by consuming it. None of its potential has been diluted down the food chain (ie. Cows eat producers thus you lose energy potential if you eat beef because the cow used some of it). You in essence are first in line for health benefits.

“ Lettuce is an excellent source of fiber and cellulose, which improves digestion and promotes long-term weight loss. It is also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K as well as minerals including potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, and zinc.”—Google

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 11-05-2023, 07:44 AM

McDonalds profit margins (high) because of french fries and soda.
Old 11-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,799 Times in 483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonour View Post
Yep. My breakfast sandwich and drink that was $5.86 for the last year is now $7.15, a 22% increase. I've decided to stop doing breakfast at McDonalds.
Same here - I went years without stepping foot into a Mac Donald’s until I moved here, where breakfast options are limited (no bagel places or breakfast burrito shops) -

I started getting lazy, and formed a bad habit of stopping in at McDonald’s for breakfast before morning shuffleboard or pickleball. I always felt guilty and really didn’t even like the greasy, unhealthy food. Recently disciplined myself and got back to making good coffee at home using my espresso machine and good, healthier egg dishes, with high quality cheese and fresh fruit.
Old 11-05-2023, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Same here - I went years without stepping foot into a Mac Donald’s until I moved here, where breakfast options are limited (no bagel places or breakfast burrito shops) -

I started getting lazy, and formed a bad habit of stopping in at McDonald’s for breakfast before morning shuffleboard or pickleball. I always felt guilty and really didn’t even like the greasy, unhealthy food. Recently disciplined myself and got back to making good coffee at home using my espresso machine and good, healthier egg dishes, with high quality cheese and fresh fruit.
Is McDonald's any less healthy than the other breakfast restaurants in The Villages?
Old 11-05-2023, 09:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,384 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Is McDonald's any less healthy than the other breakfast restaurants in The Villages?
Not according to this article!

Eating at Restaurants Linked to More Calories and Fat Than Fast Food | Time
Old 11-05-2023, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,738 Times in 3,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
A Big Mac, medium fry and medium Coke is $9.99

For another 70 cents you can upgrade to a large fry and large Coke.

Still, not close to $20.
Old 11-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,799 Times in 483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Mc Donald’s has a very limited breakfast menu - you can order steel-cut oats and omlettes filled with veggies at places like Reveille and Another Broken Egg -
Old 11-05-2023, 04:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Choice

13.50 Bang Bang Shrimp from the Bonefish

or

Big Mac meal and apple pie

There was a time when you could get a meal for under a buck

Old 11-05-2023, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,347 Times in 2,860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
A Big Mac, medium fry and medium Coke is $9.99

For another 70 cents you can upgrade to a large fry and large Coke.

Still, not close to $20.
See the link in posts #42 & 44. A Mickey D’s in Danbury, CT is $16.89.
Closed Thread

Tags
increase, large, weeks, restaurants, follow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.