I don't get it.

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Default 80 minute wait!

We tried to go to Bonefish last Tuesday night at 6:30pm. People were hanging out the door and standing all over the bar area waiting for tables. Went to the hostess stand and asked the silly question "How long of a wait for two people?" She said it would be 80 minutes! Needless to say we left. It's June people so not a good sign! Many seasonal people aren't seasonal anymore! Very scary.

Last edited by YouNeverKnow; 06-05-2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
We tried to go to Bonefish last Tuesday night at 6:30pm. People were hanging out the door and standing all over the bar area waiting for tables. Went to the hostess stand and asked the silly question "How long of a wait for two people?" She said it would be 80 minutes! Needless to say we left. It's June people so not a good sign! Many seasonal people aren't seasonal anymore! Very scary.
Bonefish is a decent restaurant that many of us choose to take our family to when they visit during the summer.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bonefish is a decent restaurant that many of us choose to take our family to when they visit during the summer.
But an 80min wait in June?? I think we have more folks staying year round now.

Getting too crowded here.....
Old 06-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post

Florida recently became the second most populated state.

Please don't blame the developer.

Also. Most new people to The Villages don't cook. UNTIL they get a couple of credit card statements.

(I just made that part up)
Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 PM

Wanted to get a take home order and taste Texas Roadhouse' ribs and was told it was $20 for a slab of ribs and two sides. I then called Oakwood for their slab of ribs and two sides and they are running a June special for $12. Big price difference and I know how good Oakwood's ribs are so it was an easy decision.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post

Could be the "specials" or newspaper coupons that draw the crowd.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Gold member

Texas Roadhouse has a call ahead program. We call and are placed on the waiting list before we leave home.

That said, I do love their steaks but hate the noise. So it is not a favorite of ours.

We have learned to go very early or very late to avoid the crowds. That's anywhere here in TV. We do not consider dining between 5:00-7:00. Much too crowd and too much noise for me. It's worse of course, during the winter, but still we prefer the off hours just to have a more pleasurable experience.

Also, Outback and Bonefish have call ahead seating. I won't wait an hour anywhere. Period.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

My brother and I ate at Texas RH in Springfield, Ohio today after church and didn’t have to wait. It’s normally very crowded but we arrived a little bit early as we had a lay speaker whose sermon was good ++ and short. When down with my grandsons to TV in about seven days, I would take them to it except my one grandson has an extreme peanut allergy. I am sure we will find many other acceptable places, not Cody’s(peanuts again) to eat if my wife doesn’t insist on our eating at home.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 06-05-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Texas Roadhouse has a call ahead program. We call and are placed on the waiting list before we leave home.

That said, I do love their steaks but hate the noise. So it is not a favorite of ours.

We have learned to go very early or very late to avoid the crowds. That's anywhere here in TV. We do not consider dining between 5:00-7:00. Much too crowd and too much noise for me. It's worse of course, during the winter, but still we prefer the off hours just to have a more pleasurable experience.

Also, Outback and Bonefish have call ahead seating. I won't wait an hour anywhere. Period.
Shhhhhh. . We don't want everyone to know this!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I don't find Cody's anything to write home about. In the absence of really top end steak houses we gots what we got.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Sage

Wife and I went to the new Texas Roadhouse for first time tonight at 6 PM. Were told wait would be about 5 to 15 minutes and they gave us a flasher. We started to go to the peanut eating waiting area and the flasher went off, was seated and ordered in less than 5 minutes. Service was very attentive, my wife said her steak was the best she has had in Fla. I had the ribs on a prior recommendation by my cousin and they were very good.

My wife mentioned it was our anniversary and the staff came to our table and sang Happy Anniversary and took our pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2502.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	60158   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2503.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	60159  
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 06-06-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I don't find Cody's anything to write home about. In the absence of really top end steak houses we gots what we got.
Hope you do not consider Cody's a steakhouse.... It is a good general resturant, but definitely not a steakhouse.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post

If you drive 30 minutes north to Ocala you could enjoy a really wonderful steak house - Mark's Prime Steakhouse. The other night I had a bone in sirloin that was just out of this world. It was pricey though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Platinum member

We went to the one in Wesley Chapel and could not even hear the people we were with.

Tried the one here and it was the same experience.
They kept turning up the music in an already obnoxiously loud place to begin with.

My husband's head was pounding.

We both would never go back!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Noise levels in most TV restaurants are too high for us to talk comfortably.
Bonefish isn't quiet; but it's about the best we've found.
You know what they say, "If the volume is to high, your to old."
Seriously, I don't like having my meal with loud, distracting sounds. A meal should be enjoyed in a peaceful atmosphere, not where you need to wear ear plugs and can't converse with your company, no matter how good the food. Also, my max. waiting time for a table is no more than 30 min.

Tags
people, blocked, entrance, season, return

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.