If you like Sonny's

Old 05-08-2024, 05:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 423 Posts
Default If you like Sonny's

go there while you can!
They will be closing permanently next Tuesday.
Please forgive the staff, they just got told Saturday. So if your server is drunk/stoned (as the outdoor bartender is today), that is probably why.
If you don't like Sonny's, please feel free to come here to tell everyone how refined your palate is and how you would never dare to patronize such an establishment.

For those that did like it, I can tell you that the demise is directly related to their refusal to come out of covid protocol. They refused to bring back the salad bar (that was very popular) and the outdoor entertainment post covid. That has hurt them a lot.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
go there while you can!
Please forgive the staff, they just got told Saturday. So if your server is drunk/stoned (as the outdoor bartender is today), that is probably why.
If you don't like Sonny's, please feel free to come here to tell everyone how refined your palate is and how you would never dare to patronize such an establishment.

For those that did like it, I can tell you that the demise is directly related to their refusal to come out of covid protocol. They refused to bring back the salad bar (that was very popular) and the outdoor entertainment post covid. That has hurt them a lot.
There is a second thread about the same news.
Haven’t been in Sonny’s since Mission opened
Old 05-08-2024, 05:46 PM
Veteran member

It was "ok."
Old 05-08-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
go there while you can!

I don't know about Covid protocal but I have only eaten there in house a couple of times at the bar. The ribs were ok but not as good as Oakwood. We also got take out a couple of times. Seemed people liked to hang at the outside bar especially Friday nights. Hope it isn't true that they are going out though.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,500 Posts

Been Sonny’s few times, sometimes it good and some times not as good. I’m waiting for Buc-ee’s in Ocala to open.
Old 05-09-2024, 04:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,648 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
They under utilized the outdoor area post COVID.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,566 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Been Sonny’s few times, sometimes it good and some times not as good. I’m waiting for Buc-ee’s in Ocala to open.
Oh, yeah. Road trip occasionally to get their brisket. 👍
Old 05-09-2024, 06:47 AM

Quote:
go there while you can!

Not shocked that they are closing. We used to go there all the time but then it started to go downhill after COVID. Ribs were no longer our reason to go there as they were not only smaller but not good! They would mess up the order almost every time, barely apologized, came back with correct order but cold. We stopped going there and will only go to Oakwood for ribs. Hopefully something good will move into the spot since it is a good location but seems like nobody new will come to the Villages!
Old 05-09-2024, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Who ever comes to this great location, I hope it's NOT another FMK restaurant. Enough already!

Tags
covid, sonnys, demise, directly, related

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.