Indian lunch buffets somewhere near TV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2022, 07:21 PM
Default Indian lunch buffets somewhere near TV?

Working out at No CA I got used to going with my co-workers to Indian lunch buffets and developed a real yen for the food. When I first came back I lived in Jupiter and there were several within reasonable driving distance (near WPB). In the few years I've been here I have yet to find a Desi restuarant with a lunch buffet, There's a real nice restuarant in Ocala on 200 near 75 but it's rather pricy and doesn't do the buffet thing. Anyone know of somewhere I should check out?

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2022, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

I don't know of any Indian restaurants anywhere near the Villages, with or without a buffet.

There's a really terrific Indian restaurant in Mt. Dora, reasonable prices. I don't think they have a buffet - it's a tiny place, only a few tables. Went there a couple of months ago when the town had the insanely enormous yearly craft festival (seriously - it was insanely enormous). We got there right after they opened for the day. By the time we left there was a line out the door to get in.

EDIT: The name of the restaurant is Shiva.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 01-05-2022 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the name of the place
Old 01-05-2022, 08:48 PM

There is also a place in Ocala, first exit.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:57 PM

I think Ocala had an Indian restaurant. And one Korean restaurant. And one........
Old 01-06-2022, 05:47 PM

You're in the wrong place.

If you like Indian food (I do too - asked the very same thing a while back) then the Villages is not for you. In fact, there seems to be very little in the way of international cuisine.

Very little demand I guess.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Wesley Chapel has a large Indian retirement community. But that’s 60 miles from here
Old 01-07-2022, 06:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheffner View Post
Working out at No CA I got used to going with my co-workers to Indian lunch buffets and developed a real yen for the food. When I first came back I lived in Jupiter and there were several within reasonable driving distance (near WPB). In the few years I've been here I have yet to find a Desi restuarant with a lunch buffet, There's a real nice restuarant in Ocala on 200 near 75 but it's rather pricy and doesn't do the buffet thing. Anyone know of somewhere I should check out?

Thanks!
I would also love having a good Indian restaurant in The Villages, and a lunch buffet would be great. I haven’t been to the Bombay restaurant in Ocala, but Amrit Palace in Ocala on College Blvd. is great. I went there in December with a friend whose parents were born and raised in India, and she was very pleased. Try the Samosa Chaat appetizer. Potato-filled samosas cut in half with a sauce with chick peas and tamarind paste poured over it. Yum! I’d never heard of it. Amrit Palace - Amrit Palace

It’s about 45 minutes from my home in The Villages. Amrit Palace - Amrit Palace
Old 01-07-2022, 07:19 AM

I know of some wonderful Indian buffets in the St Louis, MO area. Only a 15 hour drive away. Yes, I too wish there were Indian restaurants in The Villages. Would also like to see more Indian grocery items in the international aisles of the supermarkets. At least I can buy tikka masala and pour it over my chicken and fish dishes.
Old 01-07-2022, 07:31 AM

Yes. We walked in there, looked at their menu (prices), and walked out.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:33 AM

Great restaurant in Clermont. Only sit down. Great food and service. Can’t think of the name. Google it.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Default Orlando Indian Restaurants: Tamarind, Saffron and Mint are recommended.

Orlando Indian Restaurants: Tamarind, Saffron and Mynt are recommended. Also the Indo American Club in The Villages meets every month and most of the time they provide Indian food buffet style. The most and the best Indian restaurants are in USA are in NYC area followed.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:11 AM
Default Indian Restaurants

The best and the most Indian Restaurants in USA are in the NYC area followed by New Jersey, San Francisco, LA, Sacramento, Chicago.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

We had great Indian food just yesterday. My wife laid out the lunch buffet on the kitchen counter and I accidentally spilled a jar of curry powder all over it.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We had great Indian food just yesterday. My wife laid out the lunch buffet on the kitchen counter and I accidentally spilled a jar of curry powder all over it.
That's nothing---my wife made herself a big plate of Indian cauliflower with curry, cumin and garam masala. She answered to doorbell and our dog jumped on the table and ate the whole thing!

As far as Indian restaurants go, both Amrit Palace in Ocala and Shiva in Mt. Dora are quite good. I tend to give the nod to Shiva as being more authentic inasmuch unlike Amrit Palace there is no beef on the menu. The drawback is that Shiva is quite small.

I know of no Indian buffets in the area, but I have to question in an era of COVID, why would anyone go specifically looking for a buffet?
Old 01-07-2022, 09:44 AM

Guru fantastic
Closed Thread

Tags
lunch, restuarant, buffet, real, indian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.