Italian food

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Italian food

My wife and I were bumming around Mount Dora this afternoon and noticed the rain coming over the lake. We ducked into the Palm Tree Grill & Bar for a couple of burgers. We haven't had Italian lately and noticed a lot of the Italian dishes on the menu. What the heck.......Wife ordered chicken parm over pasta and I had the Rigatoni Alla Padrone ( sausage, mushrooms, mozzarella, basil and marinara sauce ) tossed with the Rigatoni. Came with a nice house salad. So the pasta arrived and I started to eat.............Hmmmmmmm, pleasantly surprised!! It was excellent! We wouldn't have normally gone into a place that didn't seem Italian for Italian food. Talking to our waiter, Anthony, we find out that the owner operator's are from LI and were in the same business there. Still have other family on LI in the restaurant business. ( our waiter Anthony is also a family member.
In a earlier life I was involved in all aspects the Italian restaurant business so I tend to be picky and I know what the food should taste like.
When in TV we will go to Giovanni's for Italian but if you're ever in Mount Dora and get " the craving " stop in and try it and let us know what you think....

351 N. Donnelly St.

352 735-1936
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.