"it's my way or no way"

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Default "it's my way or no way"

Had 16 golfers at Mallory on Monday. Went in for lunch and were given 2 tables of 8. Restaurant wasn't busy. The first group sat down and Matt took the drink order. We told him we would also like to order our food. He said he would take the order when another group came in to complete the first table of 8. We explained that we didn't want to wait and would like to order our food now. He ignored us and went to get our drinks. When he brought them, we again said we wanted to order our food. He said "NO, IT'S MY WAY OR NO WAY". We left and had lunch at Beef O'Brady's. Mallory lost 16 lunches that day. I didn't realize that the servers control things at Mallory.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Platinum member

Maybe since it was a large group he wanted to do it in an organized fashion that he is used to. I'll bet that when food started coming, some would complain that they didn't have their food yet......then some are eating, while he's taking the orders of others that just arrived. I would find it way too confusing to feed half the group....then take orders for the second group....while the first group is wanting to order dessert. Crazy.......why not just let him take care of you the way he is comfortable with?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Default waiters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Maybe since it was a large group he wanted to do it in an organized fashion that he is used to. I'll bet that when food started coming, some would complain that they didn't have their food yet......then some are eating, while he's taking the orders of others that just arrived. I would find it way too confusing to feed half the group....then take orders for the second group....while the first group is wanting to order dessert. Crazy.......why not just let him take care of you the way he is comfortable with?
I did not realize that waiters ran the restaurant at Mallory - thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Rosenfeld View Post
Had 16 golfers at Mallory on Monday. Went in for lunch and were given 2 tables of 8. Restaurant wasn't busy. The first group sat down and Matt took the drink order. We told him we would also like to order our food. He said he would take the order when another group came in to complete the first table of 8. We explained that we didn't want to wait and would like to order our food now. He ignored us and went to get our drinks. When he brought them, we again said we wanted to order our food. He said "NO, IT'S MY WAY OR NO WAY". We left and had lunch at Beef O'Brady's. Mallory lost 16 lunches that day. I didn't realize that the servers control things at Mallory.

I am thinking that the quote "No, It's my way or no way" had to be made by the owner if it was said just like that.(???) AND if it was said just like that, I would have left too, but I would not have expected half of the group to be seated even. Usually they wait until the whole group is there. I think it was unrealistic to demand to order until everyone was there, but if you think that's how it should be done...go for it.

I have had nothing but excellent service and polite service from the long time servers at Mallory.

Tags
order, food, mallory, group, lunch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.