Johnny Rockets has the worst hamburger in TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 AM

We also do not like the food at JR's our favorite burgers are Ruby Tuesday's and Chili's
Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Sage

The general manager of the TV Johnny Rocket's just called me after I sent them a guest comment email yesterday.

He read thru this thread last night and said he was very sorry that everyone was having a bad experience at Johnny Rocket's.

I told him to join TOTV and he could respond directly to the people that disliked the store.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage

Thanks for taking the Bull by the horns Chuck! Johnny Rockets is a fun place to go and the concept is really great for the Villages, hopefully some changes will be made.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

Nice work, Chuck,

You gave them a chance to get in there and figure out what is going on and to fix any problems.

You would think that a Johnny Rocket's in TV could be a gold mine. What's not to like? Hamburgers. Ice Cream. Singing the Oldies. The Johnny Rocket's concept has a good thing going. Franchises cost a blue fortune. I just don't get it when I see an investment in a franchise allowed to go downhill. It makes no sense to me. But I know it happens. All the time.

You can always tell a well run franchise. Good food, of course. Excellent customer service training that shows. Teamwork. And the whole staff, the boss included, goes by the motto, "If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean."

I hope by the time I get back to TV, Johnny Rocket's is getting rave reviews. I just love a happy ending.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-17-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Agree Chuck, glad you invited him to respond. Hopefully he will take corrective action. I am somewhat concerned that will not happen. In 100% of the time, the real root cause of the problem is management. The business model works. The products are usually quite good, the customers are the customers and are the same everywhere. I am sure I will hear that "no, the Villages is different because the customers are all retired" but I will not agree with that. I am sure if the JR's in Orlando was failing, they would say it's because the customers are all kids.

Management owns 100% of all problems with every business. And if one place it works well and another it does not, I could just change the management and the problems would follow. It is never the employees, the customers, or the environment, it is always management. I have seen changing management bring about success far to many times for it not to be true. Good managers will find a way to make the business successful and solve the problems.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM

In Detroit, directly across Woodward Ave. from Comerica Park, is a Johnny Rockets. It is open 20 hrs. a day with lines waiting to get in. Rated "Best burger in Detroit". Just after I moved here, I tried JR's at LSL. I was never more disappointed with a hamburger in my life. But I learned from my mistake, NEVER will I go back.

The burgers and shakes at Steak and Shake are pretty darn good, but my oh my, I sure love the 5 way chili.

Last edited by gemorc; 06-17-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:54 PM

Just to let you know. My wife was in Tuesday and told the manager of what was going on at TOTV and he apologized for any problems that had occured. MY wife ordered a hamburger, fries and malt, with the use of her coupon the total price was $6.00. She said the food was very good, the amount of food was more than she could eat, the place looked and smelled as if they just cleaned and sparkled it. She was happy and will be back.. The service was very good also. Maybe, just maybe this blog helped them do a better job. The manager Said he has been there over a year and he assured my wife that the food and service will be what she expects. Take care kar guy
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Sage

Kar Guy:

That's good news! I really like Johnny Rocket's and hope they are a huge success with lines down the street like Detroit! (will let Detroit other comments pass)

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Does anybody ever tell the manager, servers or owners to read Talk of The Villages? I can't image this thread totally escapes their notice.

I complained and got a shoulder shrug.......

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM

We went there a couple of times a year or more ago and questioned the manager as to how and why they would cook so many burgers ahead and leave them out on the counter to dry out. Also not allowed by the health department. He covered them up and said sorry but the practice continued so we stopped going. Do not think they will last much longer.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM

J.R. has about the most inept serving staff in any of TV restaurants. The service is abominal. Once there, most never repeat the performance.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Sage

Another response to my "guest comment" email:

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit and your experience at Johnny Rockets. I deeply regret that your experience at Johnny Rockets was less than satisfactory.

We take very seriously any concerns our customers have and ask that you accept our apology for not meeting your expectations.

We have strict regulations and training programs that help us ensure our standards are being followed not only for the preparation of our products, but for the way they are served to our customers nationwide.

I assure you that your comments have not been taken lightly. As such, I have shared your concerns with the Johnny Rockets restaurant management team supervising this unit.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you soon and want you to know that we value your feedback.

Sincerely,

Brett Babick, Vice President, Operations
The Johnny Rockets Group, Inc.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 AM

Hello everyone, I am the store manager and I appretiate all your comments, we are deeply sorry for all the bad experiences you guys had at our restaurant, as my boss said we are making the proper adjustments, getting more and better staff, we hope we get another chance

Sincerely,

Juan duque
General Manager

Last edited by juan2009; 06-22-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Founder

I read your bosses response. I saw only an apology and a statement saying that the comments were shared with the "restaurant management team." I didn't see anywhere that he said things were going to be changed.

I wonder what changes have been made. If there are "strict regulations' concerning training why weren't they enforced when the current staff was hired? Is there a new staff?

An apology is hollow if nothing is done to correct the problem. I'm also wondering if I went in there today, would things be improved remarkably?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Default The Worst in every way !!!!

As a retired restaurant owner, I find Johnny Rockets to be the absolute pits !!! My wife and I ate there twice a while back. The first time the place was messy and the service slow, the food was fair, but way over priced. The second visit was restaurant HELL !!! The place was filthy, the help was dirty and inattentive. After fifteen minutes the waitress noticed that they had a third couple in the place and took our order. Forty-five minutes later we interrupted their horseplay to ask about our food and she came back to say that the printer had run out of paper and our order had been lost. She re-entered our order and in less than five minutes we were served a miniature malt, a watered down soda, a very raw hamburger and a chicken sandwich that was bloody raw on the first bite !!!!!!!! I don't know how they could pass any inspection as I saw over a dozen serious violations from where I sat !!! I like Johnny Rockets in Nashville, but I will never, thats NEVER, go near Sumter Johnny Rockets again !!! Stay healthy, stay out of there !!! I regret that I paid for that crap that we could not eat !!! Steak and Shake is a far better deal, better food and very clean. Corporate should close Sumter Johnny Rockets, as should The Villages and the Health Department !!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.