Junk food dining preferences

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

I think NYPD Pizza on 466 is the best thin crust pizza in the area!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I have been at tables with 12 and all had separate checks. Experienced waitstaff take it all in stride and don't appear to have any issues.
Kudos to wait staff in The Villages. In most cases, they have unlimited patience.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I have been at tables with 12 and all had separate checks. Experienced waitstaff take it all in stride and don't appear to have any issues.
Of course they didn't appear to have any issues, they're trying to get a good tip out of a bunch of cheapskates. They'll smile and tell you how wonderful you all are. I guarantee you when they walk away from the table, they're calling your bunch a few not so nice names and I don't blame them.

We all have calculators on our phones. Take the bill, add in a nice 20% tip and divide by the number of people at the table. Done. You're eating lunch in a beautiful place with a bunch of friends, are you really going to sweat a couple of bucks for lunch?

I feel really bad for the servers around here.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick46 View Post
Of course they didn't appear to have any issues, they're trying to get a good tip out of a bunch of cheapskates. They'll smile and tell you how wonderful you all are. I guarantee you when they walk away from the table, they're calling your bunch a few not so nice names and I don't blame them.

We all have calculators on our phones. Take the bill, add in a nice 20% tip and divide by the number of people at the table. Done. You're eating lunch in a beautiful place with a bunch of friends, are you really going to sweat a couple of bucks for lunch?

Boy.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The norm in The Villages is individual checks and waitstaff are certainly used to this. The folks I hang with are anything but cheapskates and tip very well. Please limit your comments to things that you have first hand knowledge of.

Quote:

Old 09-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Where did that diatribe come from? Yikes.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
The norm in The Villages is individual checks and waitstaff are certainly used to this. The folks I hang with are anything but cheapskates and tip very well. Please limit your comments to things that you have first hand knowledge of.
It has been the norm every place we've lived since the late 1980s. I remember restaurants in NJ refusing to write separate checks when we lived there from '84-'87. But that practice is long gone.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Veteran member
Default Food etc

[QUOTE=Maverick46;1449128]OK, here we go. Recently transplanted, looking for certain junk food dining preferences. Looking for suggestions on where to find the following:

Pizza-thin delicious crust, generous sauce, cheese and pepperoni. The crust and sauce are the two most important things.

Wings. You can call them Buffalo wings, where we come from, they're just wings. I like hotter, my wife like Honey BBQ. Usually served with sides of ranch dressing and celery.

Philly cheese steaks. OK, now you know where I'm from. Lots of people call them by that name, most don't even come close. Any recommendations? They don't seem to be able to get the really good Amoroso rolls down here.

Hoagies- again, that's what we called them, not subs or grinders. Any good ones around here?

Hi and welcome. At the Winn Dixie store in Sumter Landing the Breaded Wings, the sub sandwiches made to order and most all the Deli is really great. Grab it and walk or drive to the picnic benches at the Landing. We do it before the noise (music) starts at about 5pm. And on the breaded wings, call first, they do not have them every day. The Cod pieces are good too. Those Deli ladies are real helpful and neat and tidy.
Closed Thread

Tags
wings, sauce, crust, cheese, preferences

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.