Just ate in the world's worst BBQ joint

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig View Post
Hate to disagree but after having lived in the North, South, East, and West and being a lifelong fan of BBQ....there is a place called THE COOKHOUSE on Route 7 in New Milford, Connecticut (Yup, that's right, Connecticut) that is the hands down winner of ANY BBQ restaurant that I have ever tried! I expect incoming from this post but it's true....
Is The Cookhouse in New Milford still open??? We had been to the one in East Hartford a number of times when we lived in CT, and I agree it was very good, but I hear that it closed recently.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

The one in Norwalk closed and we aren't sure why. The Cookhouse in New Milford is still going gangbusters. I was there not too long ago. The family that owns the Cookhouse also owns The Inn at Newtown but lost a bet in Brookfield on Christopher's which may have stretched their capital funding...another case of expanding too quickly in the face of a recession.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Folks:

As the orginator of this thread I apprecaite your telling me about CT. BBQ. I'm sure it's the worlds best unless your in Texas, KC, The Carolinas or Nashville.

Since I had such bad BBQ up north I am limiting my BBQ to below the Mason Dixon line.

BBQ is the beauty in the taste budds of the beholder
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Has anyone tried the Rendezvous in Memphis?

This restaurant serves BB-Q ribs with a rub. It is very tasty. Also they often serve famous peeps too. We saw Barry Manilow while we were eating there. He was a patron- not working that day. This place I guess is famous and is in a basement that is accessed by a plain door in an alley---very interesting. It was a fun visit there. After dinner you have to go to The Peabody Hotel and see the march of the ducks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.