Katie Belle's Dinner

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Sage

I was considering getting tickets for Uncle Bob's Rock Shop. We have seen them about a half a dozen times at the old Katie Belle's. Things are now different. They have two shows, each 90 minutes long. If you wanted to stay the evening you would have to pay for a seat for each show and probably move tables. They do remove the tables in front of the stage for a dance floor (same as old Katie Belle's). This comes from the ticket office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
when you do go, pls. describe how the show vs. non-show seating is arranged. used to be when upstairs you still heard & maybe saw the show. now?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I was considering getting tickets for Uncle Bob's Rock Shop. We have seen them about a half a dozen times at the old Katie Belle's. Things are now different. They have two shows, each 90 minutes long. If you wanted to stay the evening you would have to pay for a seat for each show and probably move tables. They do remove the tables in front of the stage for a dance floor (same as old Katie Belle's). This comes from the ticket office.
Just FYI....You also have a minimum you have to spend at both shows.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Sage

It is $10. I assume you would have to spend $20 total if you got tickets for both shows. I think the tickets are $3 per show. This is about the same as with the old Katie Belle's, if you wanted a guaranteed seat, but you only needed one ticket for the whole evening. The food minimum is now higher if you wanted to stay the whole evening, compared to the old Katie Belle's, but we were always well over the minimum anyways so the new policy is not an issue. Having to buy two sets of tickets and probably moving tables to stay the whole evening seems like a bit of a bother. It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Just FYI....You also have a minimum you have to spend at both shows.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
It is $10. I assume you would have to spend $20 total if you got tickets for both shows. I think the tickets are $3 per show. This is about the same as with the old Katie Belle's, if you wanted a guaranteed seat, but you only needed one ticket for the whole evening. The food minimum is now higher if you wanted to stay the whole evening, compared to the old Katie Belle's, but we were always well over the minimum anyways so the new policy is not an issue. Having to buy two sets of tickets and probably moving tables to stay the whole evening seems like a bit of a bother. It is what it is.
I agree. That is $26.00 to stay the whole time. I would definitely spend that with food & drinks, no problem.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:38 AM

I went to Katie Belles last night! It is so gorgeous! I love the atmosphere!
We had the salad bar and an appetizer! There are many positives there, but I think we have to realize, it is not the same Katie Belles. It is the "new" Katie Belles!

Things that have changed from the perspective of me and hubby:
No sandwiches on menu, the menu is beautiful and has many yummy things on it. The least expensive is fried shrimp @ $16.
No pitchers of beer, lol,
They had a huge sangria special last night that looked awesome though!

Really weird, even though the seats were empty in front of the band, they require you to pay the cover charge up front to sit there. I don't think I will do that again, unless I have guests. I feel sorry for the entertainment. You get some of your energy from your audience when performing. No fun to play to empty seats! There were only 30 people in the entire restaurant and that includes those at the bar. We got there around 8:30. The band had just stopped playing and didn't come back on until almost 9:30.
For us, we will probably go when it is a special occasion. Like the new, but miss the value of the old? Gotta try that huge Sangria!
Old 01-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladean46 View Post
So happy that the restaurant was redone.........but what about us, The Village residents
Katie Belles was our restaurant, now anyone and everyone can go in
I think they made a big mistake when they made it open to the general public.
How was opening it to the general public a mistake? As I understand it the residents didn't really support Katie Belles. The came to dance and didn't spend much money which was one of the reasons for the change. So if the general public can help make it successful I don't know how you can say it's a mistake.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Gold member

"Outsiders" can go into any country club to eat also so why all the complaints about letting them into KB?
Old 01-09-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I agree. That is $26.00 to stay the whole time. I would definitely spend that with food & drinks, no problem.
Seems to me that the $26 (That might be per person) would be in addition to the menu charge for food and drinks. Could be pretty expensive, especially if the food is as rotten as when KB was on the main floor.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Took longer than I expected, but we have our first winner!!! See post #3
Old 01-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Katie Belle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimigolf View Post
Seems to me that the $26 (That might be per person) would be in addition to the menu charge for food and drinks. Could be pretty expensive, especially if the food is as rotten as when KB was on the main floor.
It is 3 per person for the show
You need to spend 10 aper person for food or drink
All it amounts to is 6 for 2 people to see the show
The food is excellent and the new menu has a lot of interesting choices
Upscale diNing in a beautiful restaurant.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimigolf View Post
I personally liked a lot of the food at Katie Belles. The food at Cattle Baron was very good !
Old 01-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Veteran member

I was there last night, 1/8/16. Was surprised we had to pay $3 each for the entertainment, a band, because we wanted to sit ringside so to speak. We could have opted for the tables far away and avoided the $3 cover charge. Arrived there at 6:30 and was told we would have to be out by 8:30 for the next sitting. I ordered the tenderloin tips. The size of the tips were the size of croutons. more onions than meat and I had to send a search party for the mushrooms. Very small tenderloin pieces but very tender. The included spinach salad was loaded with bacon and blu cheese and was very excellent and was my dates Caesar. My potato was good and on the small side. The bread and the oil were excellent. My dinner date had a chicken dish and liked it. Both were $20 each. Pricey I think
Old 01-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I am sure it's great for what it now is. Sad that it's gone and many feel we lost an amenity. Praising the developer or vouching for their right to make money will NOT take away that feeling. *HAROLD*SCHWARTZ would walk around the original town square, mingle and asked the villagers how he could make their lives more happy. He lived in his manufactured home and was happy to be a real villager.

Restaurants are NOT amenities
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I am sure it's great for what it now is. Sad that it's gone and many feel we lost an amenity. Praising the developer or vouching for their right to make money will NOT take away that feeling. *HAROLD*SCHWARTZ would walk around the original town square, mingle and asked the villagers how he could make their lives more happy. He lived in his manufactured home and was happy to be a real villager.
I enjoy the stories from when the villages was new. It's hard for me to imagine Mr. Schwartz living in a manufactured home. Wasn't he a man of means at that time?

I like asking the villagers what would make them happier too. Most of the amenities are in the north end of town. I only made it to Katie Belles one time and listened to 4 concerts at the church on the square.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I enjoy the stories from when the villages was new. It's hard for me to imagine Mr. Schwartz living in a manufactured home. Wasn't he a man of means at that time?

I like asking the villagers what would make them happier too. Most of the amenities are in the north end of town. I only made it to Katie Belles one time and listened to 4 concerts at the church on the square.
Harold lived in a manufactured home on Paradise Lake off of Aloha and Tarrson. The first town square is not Spanish Springs. It is where the alcove is at El Ranchito restaurant at Lagrande and Griffin. A few of my neighbors here on the historic side knew Harold personally. There was a celebration a few years back at Schwartz park and several people spoke about their memories of him. Every story mentioned how much he loved people and music. One story of interest is that Harold would walk around showing off the place. He would stop at a house that he had for sale and ask do you like this? Reach into his pocket and toss them the keys - try it out for a few days. The start of Lifestyle Trial.

I will miss Katie Belle's for lunch - for all day entertainment - for showing my guests our private club house (a little bit of show boating). I miss the Church On The Square - especially December countdown. I miss some of the residential vendors whose store names where part of the fictional story of how SS was settled.
Closed Thread

Tags
dinner, dishes, excellent, belles, salad, side, entrees, good, prepared, fish, ahi, tuna, katie, lot, rack, veal, chicken, sauces, choice, baked, broiled, accompanied, blackened, lamb, cakes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.