Katie Belle's......not as good

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran member
Default Katie Belle's......not as good

Been sitting on this for over a week now, and finally decided to comment on an evening at Katie Belle's. Called Katie Belle's to make a reservation, got a recording and told to call back between particular hours. Did that, and was told "only a few seats left", "this is what we have to offer", and that there would be a 10.00 per person reservation fee which would be credited to the evening's purchases. Reserved 2 seats at a table near the stage.
Arrived in plenty of time for the evening's performances, and were seated at a table almost behind the stage area; and there were empty booths all along the wall, no occupants, and several empty seats throughout the restaurant. were told, there must be late comers arriving soon. (no one ever came in to occupy the empty places).
a very limited menu was offered, which was a surprise as it had not been mentioned before. and prices were much less reasonable as what is usually offered. portions were meager, prepared less than professionally. had to send one of our entrees back as it was so over-cooked it was inedible. ordered dessert, told....'so large you could share it'.....it arrived.....about half the size of a normal portion of carrot cake....with caramel drizzled on it? odd.

will have to think twice about going back for a special event. katie has definitely failed on this one.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I think people go for the show and music than the food.. I agree in 2007 the food was great now not my first choice
Old 05-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I think people go for the show and music than the food.. I agree in 2007 the food was great now not my first choice
Unfortunately have to agree! When they first started these "special nights" we went regularly and it was a great night out with really good food - not any more, would be embarrassed to take company now.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Sage

Travelguy went for the show I believe and was given terrible seats while good ones remained empty. I think once the show began he should have allowed to move to a better seat. Those who did not arrive in time could have his seat almost "behind the stage" when they arrived late.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Travelguy went for the show I believe and was given terrible seats while good ones remained empty. I think once the show began he should have allowed to move to a better seat. Those who did not arrive in time could have his seat almost "behind the stage" when they arrived late.

You would think that should be true. However, if you do move to a different table, you will be charged another $5 per person cover charge! I know this from personal experience.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Sage

Once again, this appears to be a management problem. Where is the dining room manager and why is he/she not checking on the standard of food being served.

Katie Belle's has a captive audience, it's the only place of it's kind in TV or in the surrounding area. The ambiance is great, just like walking onto a movie set from Gun Smoke, I always expect to see Miss Kitty descending the stairs to greet Matt Dillon .............. but, there is no reason for the food quality to go down, with all the new people bringing in more and more money to TV, the quality should go up and up, certainly not down. Being able to "rest on your laurels" (as my old grade school teacher used to say) is not going to last for ever and at some point they'd better get with the program.

The entertainment is excellent - Donna Moore and her partner put on a really good show, as do the other specialized entertainers. It is a real pity that the management don't get better food out for their patrons on these special nights.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Sage

But the show hasn't changed in 4 years that I know of. Time for some new stuff.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
But the show hasn't changed in 4 years that I know of. Time for some new stuff.
The show changes continually, not a complete overhaul, but they change out songs and add in new ones. They do keep the favorites such as Elvis and Cher, but how many people really want to see a complete change in their shows.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage

They are going to start a new thing where you get paid to come to the show and if you clap real loud they will pay you double. Would that make anyone happy. Last time I went to broadway, I paid $150.00 for a seat and did not complain this much. GGGGGGEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

I'm pretty sure that I've posted previously about this.

When I moved here in Feb '05, my brother who lived nearby but wasn't a Villager, was very excited that now he and his wife could now go to Katie Belle's.

When we went, we were treated rudely, no accommodations were made for my sister-in-law's wheelchair, the decibel level was off the chart, the food was frankly marginal and the service worse.

Never went back!

Yes, things can change, but Bad Things are very apt to form your opinion! My brother passed away in November 2012 and never once asked me to host them at this venue again!

It is Very Sad!

SWR
Old 05-31-2013, 03:33 PM

We always go upstairs to Cattle Baron --food is much better the service is way better --and you ask for a seat near the rail --you see the same shows

they sometimes have a small cover --last time we were there it was 6 dollars
Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
I'm pretty sure that I've posted previously about this.

When I moved here in Feb '05, my brother who lived nearby but wasn't a Villager, was very excited that now he and his wife could now go to Katie Belle's.

When we went, we were treated rudely, no accommodations were made for my sister-in-law's wheelchair, the decibel level was off the chart, the food was frankly marginal and the service worse.

Never went back!

Yes, things can change, but Bad Things are very apt to form your opinion! My brother passed away in November 2012 and never once asked me to host them at this venue again!

It is Very Sad!

SWR
There have been many restaurants mentioned on this forum that someone has had a bad experience with and has not returned to that restaurant. Katie Belle's was one of those for you.

Obviously many more people do enjoy it for their shows as it is 100% filled for headliners like Rocky & The Rollers every time they appear.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.