Katie Belles - WAY Too Loud

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2018, 03:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts
Default Katie Belles - WAY Too Loud

Ordered dinner at the bar in Katie Belles just before 7. Then the band started. It was so loud that it literally hurt my ears. Thankfully, they let me cancel the food order. So happy to get out of there.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 08-12-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:58 AM

Sorry Retiredguy that you had a bad experience! However, THIS IS ENCOURAGING FOR ME! Is it turning into the old Katie Belles again? Where you go to listen and dance the night away to great bands? My husband and I like to be tangled up in the music..that means being able people to feel the beat and bass guitar! Used to love going to KB on a regular basis and always took guests there! Since the remodel, the music has been so low, it is not worth going. I went back a few times and then just stopped, boring! Most people I know feel the same way. R.I.P. old Katie Belles😢
Old 08-12-2018, 07:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

A right turn from the OP topic> but Fenney Grill -inside- is like a 110db room during peak hours. The bar and inside tables>>>Nothing to absorb any sounds other than napkins and patron clothing...

Food is quite good at Fenney and thank you for the large areas of covered patio seating. If not for that, would never visit without headphones or earplugs.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Platinum member

I find that with most venues in TV. The movie theatre: too loud. Music playing at various restaurants: too loud. Singing waitors at Katie Belles: too loud.
I bring earplugs and the volume is just right....although I must look odd!
P.S. I miss the old Katie Belle's tremendously! Cheap beer and cheap entertainment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Ordered dinner at the bar in Katie Belles just before 7. Then the band started. It was so loud that it literally hurt my ears. Thankfully, they let me cancel the food order. So happy to get out of there.
Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

We went to Katie Belles Wednesday August 8th at 5:30 PM, had a great dinner (twin tails), wonderful server and great entertainment, right up to the blackout.... Yes they had a power failure, just before we ordered desert. Waited around for about 20 or 30 minutes and then decided to leave. Paid our bill and tip, and we are planning on returning. This is the first time we had been back since it was reconfigured, and we were pleased with the experience.
NOTE: the entertainment that night were a male and female singer, so it was not real loud.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Moving here in 2002, Katie Bells was the magnet that drew most all to the Villages, thanks to Harold Schwartz's vision. It was wonderful, made dozens of friends and today his vision is no longer with present owners (MM) Today KB"s is just for the newbies, that are fortunate to have the money to afford KB's and especially "The Sharon" I have gone to KB"S twice, and Bad service, Too loud, too expensive for old fixed income residents. Having said that, Find me a better place to live and die, I will go.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage

I find most venues too loud. At the movies at Brownwood the movie was only on for 10 seconds before people got up and told the management. I play in a trivia game and the acoustics at the rec center is so poor the noise in the room is too loud, any audio equipment is too loud yet if I want to hear what someone is saying at the end of the table I get up and move. I'm thinking that from now on if it's too loud I'll put my hands on my ears and hope it's contagious.

I'm not sure there can be an answer or a fix. I remember going to World of Beers by myself and they had a singer with an acoustic guitar who was real good. The people could not be quiet enough to enjoy his music. This will strike a nerve for some but when I fist discovered the villages there was the church in the square. For a couple of bucks, or maybe because it kinda was a church I heard all types of wonderful music and everyone was quiet For me it was like free golf, moviepass or 5 oclock championship golf. too good to be true
Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Ah yes, the old Katie Belles. On our first trip here went into Katie Belles and thought I was on the set of Gun Smoke and at any minute Miss Kitty would walk down those stairs and look up into the eyes of Matt Dillon.

As the other poster said : Katie Belles was a magnet that drew people to the Villages thanks to Harold Schwartz's vision. It was wonderful, good food, fun music and dancing all night. Took all our guests there. We used to go upstairs and eat and watch people dancing down on the dance floor. Also saw some great entertainers there. I remember being there one night when a couple came in and danced a real old fashioned jive. The floor cleared for them, they danced one energetic jive and were gone. Never seen them again.

Used to get some good dancers outside on the dance floor too. I think the line dancers changed the type of dancing we used to see. Nothing against line dancing, did it myself, but I don't like them taking over the whole floor.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I find most venues too loud. At the movies at Brownwood the movie was only on for 10 seconds before people got up and told the management. I play in a trivia game and the acoustics at the rec center is so poor the noise in the room is too loud, any audio equipment is too loud yet if I want to hear what someone is saying at the end of the table I get up and move. I'm thinking that from now on if it's too loud I'll put my hands on my ears and hope it's contagious.

I'm not sure there can be an answer or a fix. I remember going to World of Beers by myself and they had a singer with an acoustic guitar who was real good. The people could not be quiet enough to enjoy his music. This will strike a nerve for some but when I fist discovered the villages there was the church in the square. For a couple of bucks, or maybe because it kinda was a church I heard all types of wonderful music and everyone was quiet For me it was like free golf, moviepass or 5 oclock championship golf. too good to be true
Church on the Square - yes, great place, great shows, very uncomfortable seats!!! We used to go there to see the recipients of the Harold Schwarz Music Scholarships, such talent.

I know change is good, but I miss the old Katie Belles and the Church on the Square.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Gold member

I have been to KB's before and after the remodel. While they are a bit different, they were and still are a great place to go. I do agree with the OP that it does get pretty loud and is very hard to carry on a conversation while most of the entertainers perform but the food is great, the service is awesome and they only book the best entertainment.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I find that with most venues in TV. The movie theatre: too loud. Music playing at various restaurants: too loud. Singing waitors at Katie Belles: too loud.
I bring earplugs and the volume is just right....although I must look odd!
P.S. I miss the old Katie Belle's tremendously! Cheap beer and cheap entertainment.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Pretty sure the Management felt they couldn’t make money at the old KB

Old 08-17-2018, 07:08 AM
Sage

Cheap beer is what drives most restaurant inTV--food is secondary
Old 08-17-2018, 08:58 AM
Safe Harbor RV Storage

We love KB's, get together with friends and have a good meal. We would expect the music to be loud as it is a bar. We will be back!
Closed Thread

Tags
katie, loud, belles, cancel, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.