Kudos to Lighthouse

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Default Kudos to Lighthouse

Went to Lighthouse last night around 5 with three friends. Luckily we got there just before the skies opened up. The restaurant was packed and we were told when we first arrived it would be a 25 minute wait. Well once the rain started not many people were leaving, so the restaurant brought out three large platters of onion rings for those of use waiting. Also noticed that one of the servers was kind enough to assist an older gentleman who had trouble walking and did not bring an umbrella. She got an umbrella and walked him out to his car. Now that is service!!! And on top of that...our dinners were delicious!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Gold member

Thank you for reporting this very nice news. Good Job!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
Went to Lighthouse last night around 5 with three friends. Luckily we got there just before the skies opened up. The restaurant was packed and we were told when we first arrived it would be a 25 minute wait. Well once the rain started not many people were leaving, so the restaurant brought out three large platters of onion rings for those of use waiting. Also noticed that one of the servers was kind enough to assist an older gentleman who had trouble walking and did not bring an umbrella. She got an umbrella and walked him out to his car. Now that is service!!! And on top of that...our dinners were delicious!!!
LUV the Lighthouse
Old 07-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Don't recall ever seeing bad report!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:53 PM

Mmmmmm
Our favorite! Great food & staff
Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
Very very nice to hear.

The Lighthouse was our favorite restaurant when we visited........we ate there often, both outside looking at the lake and also inside.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

The lighthouse is one of our favorite places too. Also great if you want a drink or a bite later at night...and there. Is often live music until at least 10:30pm!

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 PM

Their scallop salad is to die for!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

We have been there once and now I want to go back.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Veteran member

Always a good quality meal here now Gary Morris lives at that first house Closest to the lighthouse (Remodeling the main house in the compound Temporary residence in that huge house right near by) eats many meals here the quality will stay up , and he service will be outstanding never know when you'll run into him in there. One of the painters painting a house That backs up to the waterfront ,told me he was living there Temporarily.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:08 AM

Who is Gary Morris? And I doubt Mr. Morse is living in Sumter ( or is it Sumpter) Landing?
Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Sage

Not sure where Gary Morse actually lives, but there are some really beautiful homes near Lake Sumter Landing.
High End, upscale with higher prices, for sure.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Who is Gary Morris? And I doubt Mr. Morse is living in Sumter ( or is it Sumpter) Landing?
Just before the bridge going over, hubby thinks.

The Waterfront Inn, Market Square, then the stores in the downtown area, then the shops, then the sales office looks like old fashioned Grand Hotel......then the Lighthouse and then comes the area with cottages, small front lawns but nice interiors.......

Lakeshore Cottages.

Maybe he is living "across the lake" where the golf course is.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
Always a good quality meal here now Gary Morris lives at that first house Closest to the lighthouse (Remodeling the main house in the compound Temporary residence in that huge house right near by) eats many meals here the quality will stay up , and he service will be outstanding never know when you'll run into him in there. One of the painters painting a house That backs up to the waterfront ,told me he was living there Temporarily.

You never know, it may be true, those painters do carry a lot of good information, but it also could be that someone is repeating that he lived there when his first wife Sharon was battling cancer because she was weak, and the house there was smaller than their larger home and all on one level.

Around these parts Gary Morse can pretty much live where he wants to. I do know this that the manager who managed the lighthouse for years recently arranged her finances to buy the business from the Morses and hasn't dropped a stitch in my book. Still great and Helene's favorite. She loves the catfish platter.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Sage

Lighthouse has been my favorite since the first day I visited TV. Always take guests there first. And I always have the shrimp basket.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.