kungfuasian rest

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2022, 09:29 AM
Default Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
No. 1 China at Traverse, by Publix LOL is delicious carry-out! Bamboo Bistro is great with nice ambiance. Took us a year to find these 2 places, so we’ve eaten a lot of crappy Chinese food! Hahaha
Agree that #1 Chinese Restaurant is very good. Had takeout 3 times with combo meals generous. Similar to our favorite in CT.
Old 12-31-2022, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani & Bill View Post
Have been told that Ichibad (sp) in Leesburg is a good buffet option.
Been to Ichiban many times and we like it.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:33 PM

I totally agree
Old 12-31-2022, 12:54 PM

Kung Fu Chef is new so you are wise to give it a second chance. The owners are the original owners of Koyame on 441 near the hospital, next to One Blood. They were excellent at Koyame so it may be growing pains. I love their Mongolian Beef. BTW, Koyame is a bit different, but still good.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:56 PM

We ate there for lunch yesterday. For under $10 we got great tasting food. I had chicken red curry, soup - hot and sour and a candy (no fortune cookie). It was great and I will be back.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualcynthia View Post
Kung Fu Chef is new so you are wise to give it a second chance. The owners are the original owners of Koyame on 441 near the hospital, next to One Blood. They were excellent at Koyame so it may be growing pains. I love their Mongolian Beef. BTW, Koyame is a bit different, but still good.
Just goes to show how difficult some cuisines are to judge by the reports of others, especially "Chinese", but applies to all as well. Specifically, while Koyame was what we felt was the "best" we could find in the immediate area, we tired twice now with new owners and thought it was terrible, so there's really no way other than trying a place at least twice to find something acceptable !
Old 12-31-2022, 03:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default If not for the light there would be no shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Went to the new chinese rest next to Publix, got Happy Family $17, egg roll $2.20, soda $3, $5tip, over $27 and it was the first time I've ever left a chinese rest still hungry. My wife had shrimp with lobster sauce and it was nothing but shrimp soup. Again nothing in it. Web site and menu shows dishes piled high with food but that didn't happen with us. I no their new and will try them again but be careful what you order.
You were charged NY prices in Florida, That is to say you were overpriced for these items. Look around for another restaurant
Old 12-31-2022, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Just goes to show how difficult some cuisines are to judge by the reports of others, especially "Chinese", but applies to all as well. Specifically, while Koyame was what we felt was the "best" we could find in the immediate area, we tired twice now with new owners and thought it was terrible, so there's really no way other than trying a place at least twice to find something acceptable !
100% agree with this statement. We tried Koyame several times under the original owners and found it to not be good at all. We tried Koyame under the new owners and were pleasantly surprised, enough so that we will go back. My experiences with food recommendations is that they don’t account for the differences in the cuisine one grew up with/were exposed to such as, which is better pizza, Brooklyn or Chicago? I prefer to read comments about service and cleanliness, and even then, I try to determine if the review is legit or someone panning a restaurant because of entitled expectations.

Best to try it and if you like it, have at it. I would generally give any restaurant at least 2 tries, but I would also wait a month or two after a new restaurant opens to let them iron out the kinks before I eat there. Even though Kungfu is owned by the original Koyame owners, we will try it once in case something changed that makes their food more palatable to us.
Old 12-31-2022, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

As always - if you go to a Chinese Restaurant (not a take-out joint but a place that has table service) - make sure you ask for their own house-made duck sauce. Take-outs usually don't make their own, and you're stuck with the tasteless tear-packs. But a real restaurant would - or should - have house-made duck sauce.

Koyame had it on 441, but I haven't been since they changed ownership so no idea if they still do or not.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:31 PM

Went to arbys and had to tell them, make it look like the picture up there.....never again,
Old 01-01-2023, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillagernie View Post
Went to arbys and had to tell them, make it look like the picture up there.....never again,
The picture is beef..... what they serve is beff.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:24 PM

Gross
Closed Thread

Tags
rest, chinese, shrimp, piled, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.