Lunch experience at the Villages Light House

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM
Sage

What difference does it make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please tell us what you meant to tip and then how much the tip showed up as.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:22 PM

FYI....I did contact senior management and they blew me off and were ugly verbally. They just don;t care I assume....but be advise that I made a good faith effort with poor result.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 PM
Sage

Since you made a good faith effort with the vendor, your next step should be a call to your credit card company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyarbrough View Post
FYI....I did contact senior management and they blew me off and were ugly verbally. They just don;t care I assume....but be advise that I made a good faith effort with poor result.

Last edited by biker1; 10-26-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:29 PM

I did and management just blew me off as if they did not care if I complained. There are just too many folks living in the Villages to offer personal service......They do not care.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

It sounds like you want to complain more than you want to be made whole. Just call the credit card company and get the overcharge reversed. And never go there again since you didn't like any part of the place.

People in TV all have their likes and dislikes as far as restaurants go, and you won't change anyone's mind.

Plus the $XX thing is just weird.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Lunch experience at the Villages Light House recently was quite inadequate in several ways; poor quality food, high prices and poor service BUT the real problem was discovered later. I keep a;; credit card slips for at least one payment cycle and just happened to notice a strange charge when the credit card bill came in today……..the amount of the lunch including taxes was $XX.33……the amount posted was $XX.99 …. (I always leave at least 10% even if the service and food are of poor quality and often 15% to 20% for good food and service. So I start wondering HOW the tip get inflated by 45%...... Well I figure the only way was to inflate the tip by changing $XX.00 to
$XY 99…..an easy way to make a few extra bucks per day. This has happened to me before when I left cash tip then someone posted an additional charge to the credit card. I of course called management…trying to explain the issue to the Manager and she seemed indifferent to say the least….it became clear to me that she did not want to be bothered with my petty issue and she even threaten to review the security footage and BAR me from the Light House for life because she has been the manager many many years and the named server had worked for her for 9 years and would not do anything like I was suggesting. WOW what a sad experience at the friendly town in America…..I am just wondering if anyone else out here has ever had a problem like this in the Villages. Here’s just another thing that seniors must watch out for in the Villages…..Be you own judge but best check those charges on your credit cards every month.
I quit going to the Lighouse when they stopped serving draft beer. I don't have draft beer at home so I like it when I go out. So now I go to other places.

I always tip in cash. Servers appreciate it. Peace out!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
Sorry, based on your vague explanation the ticket was not inflated by 45%. XX.99 - XX.33 = XX.66. That is much less than 45% of XX.33.

What's with trying to complain using using XX?, it is just a restaurant receipt.

Do you still have a copy of your original receipt? What is the total difference between it and your card statement transaction?

With all that said, if there is a difference why do you jump to the conclusion it is due to theft? Mistakes can happen and can easily be corrected.
I agree. The OP's post makes no sense. Was the tip paid in cash? What was the actual amount for the meal and how much was added to it? Don't you have a receipt for the credit card charge? They can only charge for the amount signed for. Otherwise, you can just dispute the credit card charge and the bank has to remove it from your account. That is the Federal law.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
What difference does it make?
My dear, I was just trying to understand.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:28 PM
Platinum member

This issue happened to me once before at a different restaurant. When I spoke to the manager in person he explained that at the end of a shift the tip is added to the card. He told me that he made a mistake adding the tip from another card to my charge. If you speak to the folks in a civil manner it all works out.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Sage

If you paid with a credit card -Dispute the charge
Old 10-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
This issue happened to me once before at a different restaurant. When I spoke to the manager in person he explained that at the end of a shift the tip is added to the card. He told me that he made a mistake adding the tip from another card to my charge. If you speak to the folks in a civil manner it all works out.
It is standard procedure for restaurants to add tips to the credit cards after the customers have left. First, they bring you the bill on a plastic tray. You put your credit card on the tray, they take it into the back room and immediately charge your card for the meal without the tip amount. Then, they bring you another bill and you add the tip to the second bill and sign it. Then, after you have left, they add the tip and revise the charged amount. I think this is a ridiculous and inaccurate way to do business, and it is why I never use a credit card in restaurants. I pay cash only.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:46 PM

Aha! Good advice...cash only.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Time for restaurants here to adopt the Euro method of portable credit card machines that the wait staff brings to your table to process the charge.The card is never out of your site.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:52 PM
Default Also Unhappy

[QUOTE=Brawnwy123;1593096]
Quote:
Lunch experience at the Villages Light House recently was quite inadequate in the

AN ANSWER ???

The first time we went there, 3 years ago, it was really bad, very poor cooking and wait staff, a real bummer. Friends came here and we agreed to try it again. It was Awful, just a mess.
So, we walk in the area a lot, check the workers at the back of the place, smoking who knows what? We think the allure of the lake, the lighthouse is the main item, they do draw a crowd. We think it is a dump in many ways. OK, you are in the villages. I asked a local honest handyman, why is this so common here ?? His answer: The Villages is loaded with older and sometimes not too smart visitors, they fall for the location and also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, THE VILLAGES IS LOADED WITH PEOPLE, WHO HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY AND TOO LITTLE SMARTS. Fair game for anything, be careful. Be safe. Good luck
My wife and I took some visiting friends to the Lighthouse for lunch. The menu prices were normal for local restaurants. The male visitor chose the unpriced catch of the day (fish). I was treating and asked for the bill. If I recall correctly, his catch of the day was $36.00. I was shocked !!!!! Never again !!!
Old 10-26-2018, 05:54 AM
Sage

I don't mean to belabor the issue but he was apparently overcharged. The amount he was overcharged doesn't matter, how much he tips doesn't matter, and he apparently does not wish to provide the actual dollar amounts based on the fact that he used "XX" in the original post. He has been advised in several posts to contact his credit card company to dispute the charge. This thread should probably be closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My dear, I was just trying to understand.

Last edited by biker1; 10-26-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
credit, tip, service, card, lunch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.