Mallory CC dinner tonight: AWFUL!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf View Post
My comments are neither impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner, in case you didn't know what snarky means. Time to recognize superior intellect! If Russ in Boston was here in TV his comments might be more relevant.
Yes you are right. Since I don't live perm in TV I have no idea about fair play or anything about golf etiquette or slow play or....Only full time residents can have a proper view. How dare I
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
My comments are neither impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner, in case you didn't know what snarky means. Time to recognize superior intellect! If Russ in Boston was here in TV his comments might be more relevant.
I though it was obvious that "recognizing superior intellect" was directed at me . . .

oh, I almost forgot.....
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf;3***67
But I do see your points! By now you should probably have figured out that I simply don't agree with "your points"! Hopefully now you and your several supporters understand that I disagree with "your points"! Got it?
Well now Mhoerauf,
I think that you think you understand Russ's point. However, judging from this comment...

Quote:
OK. Got it! During busy season they can treat you like trash. In the Summer when they are crying for business you should kiss their butts. WOW!
It appears that you do not. He simply neither said nor implied anything of the sort.

His point-- I tried to make the same point earlier-- actually has nothing to do with how anyone is treated in the summer. Instead, the point is that people who are already at the restaurant (in snowbird season) should not have to wait for a table for 20 minutes while you (or anyone) holds a vacant table for golfers who are not yet in the restaurant.

Perhaps you disagree with that. Perhaps you think it is fine for a golf club restaurant to treat customers who are already in the restaurant (during snowbird season) like trash so that you can hold a table for your golfing buddies who are not already in the restaurant. Indeed, if you do understand Russ's point and you disagree, then this would be your position.

Is it?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:24 PM

Old 04-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Sage

Bill
Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Boy Howdy.

Should I get the girls together?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Boy Howdy.

Probably best to have them at the ready............

Bill
Old 04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
I bow to your superior ego (erm, intellect) - the one that failed to recognize that snarky was directed back at myself... the poor little match girl...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Boy Howdy.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Boy Howdy.

Yes! Then you and Red can take me out back-- and tickle me silly.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOstrich View Post
Took guests to Mallory tonight, hoping for an enjoyable dinner. The hostess was rude, the wait was LONG!!, the food was AWFUL (one dinner was so-so, two were awful, and the other was inedible and had to be returned)......and we were humiliated in front of our guests. My husband is now eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to make up for the poor meal. What does it take to get a good meal in The Villages other than cooking at home????
There are consistently good restaurants here in TV's, e.g., Cane Garden,
Thai Ruby, Lopez and The Lighthouse are our favorites. We just ate at
Sakora near Colony Cottage on 466A and it was very, very good and cute
inside.

We are not fond of chain restaurants even though some here are decent. Sorry you had a bad experience, but the manager is there for a reason.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Boy Howdy.

SQUIRT GUN SQUAD AT THE READY!
The Villages Florida
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Default I agree

I am always puzzled by the bad reviews the Villages restaurants get on the TOV. My husband and I are pretty choosy, and we've been happy with most of the restaurants we've visited. We have had an occasional off night when the service wasn't up to usual standards, or the food wasn't as warm as we like (for example) but overall we have been very pleased. If you're looking for gourmet fare and top notch, highly trained wait-staff you may be disappointed, but you'd also be spending much less $$.

Cynthia, class of 1967
Muscatine, Iowa City and Newton, IA; Belmont, Sunnyvale & San Bernardino, CA; Biloxi, MS; Cleveland TN & The Villages
Old 05-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Smile

Don't know what that lady was talking about! We took our visiting family to Mallory for supper last week and the food was fabulous. And the server couldn't have been more pleasant. We were in a little bit of a hurry and she accomodated us excellently. I mean where can you eat for 8.99 and get all that! I will probably eat there again on Thursday night for Italian night. Excellent!!
Sincerely,
layawayQueen
Old 05-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layaway Queen View Post
Don't know what that lady was talking about! We took our visiting family to Mallory for supper last week and the food was fabulous. And the server couldn't have been more pleasant. We were in a little bit of a hurry and she accomodated us excellently. I mean where can you eat for 8.99 and get all that! I will probably eat there again on Thursday night for Italian night. Excellent!!
Sincerely,
layawayQueen
We both really like Mallory Hill CC, too. We try to go every Friday for their Victorian Lake Perch dinner. Marrrvelouuusss.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.