McCall’s

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Default McCall’s

NEW OWNERS !
Still have fried chicken!
Still have Penn State and Bills Parties.

Changes will make it twice as good as it once was.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Since the overall experience there has been horrible the past few years, will it now be twice as bad ? Hopefully there will be a 100% turnover in service staff and management
Old 10-07-2022, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i had not heard of McCall's, & had to look it up. i see reviews that reflect exactly what you are saying & it appears the good reviews ended aprox. 1 year ago. do you think it's the management or worker's fault?? am curious, thx
Old 10-07-2022, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i had not heard of McCall's, & had to look it up. i see reviews that reflect exactly what you are saying & it appears the good reviews ended aprox. 1 year ago. do you think it's the management or worker's fault?? am curious, thx
Both?
Old 10-07-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Both?
Considering we have been going to McCall's for 18+ years let me offer my guess...... It just sold so maybe the OWNER didn't really want to be there and just maybe it was his/her/their fault. I find the workers to be very nice. Also, let's remember it's a BOWLINGALLEY!!!! Just some info. for posters who have never been there and didn't know it existed a day ago.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
The last time we were there, probably a year ago, it was the manager's fault. The servers never stopped moving but there were too many tables seated for the number of servers and we were told by the manager that the kitchen was understaffed.

Being short on staff happens, especially so soon after COVID, but the manager should have kept some tables empty to improve the experience for the rest.

(we haven't been avoiding McCall's, just don't get up to Spanish Springs very often)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-07-2022, 02:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

Restaurants fail because of poor management if you pay peanuts you get monkeys to work for you. Owners usually take out capital and don't reinvest.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i don't get to Spanish Springs much either, which is a shame because it's such a lovely area. thanks for the input, i may try it someday
Old 10-07-2022, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

I hope the new ownership improves the service. Our last couple of trips there were not the best. Again, the wait staff was prompt, courteous, and helpful but the food took forever to arrive. Most bad restaurant reviews revolve around slow service from the kitchen. It is up to management to get the proper kitchen staff. Then again, I am willing to guess short order cooks are hard to find…
Old 10-07-2022, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
Considering we have been going to McCall's for 18+ years let me offer my guess...... It just sold so maybe the OWNER didn't really want to be there and just maybe it was his/her/their fault. I find the workers to be very nice. Also, let's remember it's a BOWLINGALLEY!!!! Just some info. for posters who have never been there and didn't know it existed a day ago.
I did not know it was a bowling alley. So do you order food while bowling or can you go even if you don’t want to bowl. Have only sat outside for a couple drinks.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I did not know it was a bowling alley. So do you order food while bowling or can you go even if you don’t want to bowl. Have only sat outside for a couple drinks.
I've noticed there was a bowling alley attached but to me it is a bar/restaurant.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-07-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I've noticed there was a bowling alley attached but to me it is a bar/restaurant.
Never saw a bowling alley without a bar.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeXGd1AQrz8
Old 10-07-2022, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
Never saw a bowling alley without a bar.
Never saw a bowling alley with 20+ tables, a stage, a full menu, servers, and an outdoor eating area. But then I haven't spent much time at bowling alleys in the last 20 years so.....

Go to McCall's and take a seat facing the bar or the door and you won't even know a bowling alley exists.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-07-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Never saw a bowling alley with 20+ tables, a stage, a full menu, servers, and an outdoor eating area. But then I haven't spent much time at bowling alleys in the last 20 years so.....

Go to McCall's and take a seat facing the bar or the door and you won't even know a bowling alley exists.
I agree. Always amazed you can't hear the bowling.

Have you been to Fiesta Bowl? Similar setup...... can't remember if they have a stage.
Closed Thread

Tags
mccall’s, good, make, bills, parties

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.