McCall's

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2023, 08:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts
Default McCall's

Since a new football season is upon us how about posting about your experiences at McCall's and it's sister at Fiesta Bowl. Have things gotten worse or better at the restaurants since the Bowlero takeover?

I was there opening day and thought the service was good, but the food so-so. Drinks were very mild. Didn't go to Fiesta last Sunday, but heard the menus are pretty much the same?
Old 09-21-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Since a new football season is upon us how about posting about your experiences at McCall's and it's sister at Fiesta Bowl. Have things gotten worse or better at the restaurants since the Bowlero takeover?

I was there opening day and thought the service was good, but the food so-so. Drinks were very mild. Didn't go to Fiesta last Sunday, but heard the menus are pretty much the same?
I just read where McCall's was cited by the health inspector.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post

Sept19
“ An inspector first visited McCall’s Tavern at 997 Alverez Ave. on Sept. 13 and found 25 insects in the bar area. The inspector also found high priority violations of package food that had been opened and had exceeded the seven-day shelf life. Specifically, it involved ham that was dated Aug. 19. A stop sale order was issued by the inspector. In addition, there was cooked chicken which had been held for more than 24 hours and was not property date marked. The inspector also found the floor was soiled with an accumulation of debris under the fryers and a soda gun waste line was clogged.

The inspector returned to McCall’s Tavern this past Friday and found that the insect problem persisted. There were 10 to 15 flies in the bar area.

The inspector was back again on Monday and still found a problem with insects, but granted more time for restaurant management to address it.”
Old 09-22-2023, 01:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Was there last night. Didn't find any extra crispy flavoring on the chicken or cock roach doing backstroke in my mug of beer!
Old 09-22-2023, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Sept19
“ An inspector first visited McCall’s Tavern at 997 Alverez Ave. on Sept. 13 and found 25 insects in the bar area. The inspector also found high priority violations of package food that had been opened and had exceeded the seven-day shelf life. Specifically, it involved ham that was dated Aug. 19. A stop sale order was issued by the inspector. In addition, there was cooked chicken which had been held for more than 24 hours and was not property date marked. The inspector also found the floor was soiled with an accumulation of debris under the fryers and a soda gun waste line was clogged.

The inspector returned to McCall’s Tavern this past Friday and found that the insect problem persisted. There were 10 to 15 flies in the bar area.

The inspector was back again on Monday and still found a problem with insects, but granted more time for restaurant management to address it.”
That noise was McCalls get scratched off the list.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Sept19
“There were 10 to 15 flies in the bar area.

Probably French. I guess it's Better than Kung Fu Chef on Wedgewood Lane with roaches (dead and alive) on the stove and lots more. Really liked that place too. .

Download the APP "LIFE KITCHEN" and you may never want to eat out again. The "results" are taken directly from the Florida health inspection dept or whatever it's called and not from visitors who just don't like the food or service. Lots of good and lots more bad. I do think a lots of the bad things are pretty much meaningless considering the things we touch and walk on but there are some big yuchs.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:05 PM
Platinum member

Went to McCall's yesterday. Server was great, food was terrible. Bowlero needs to step things up at their 3 properties here.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Flies? roaches? etc. etc.
Thank God there were no health inspectors in some of the God forsaken places my government sent me.
At the rate they close kitchens nowadays, we would have starved to death.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Probably French. I guess it's Better than Kung Fu Chef on Wedgewood Lane with roaches (dead and alive) on the stove and lots more. Really liked that place too. .

Download the APP "LIFE KITCHEN" and you may never want to eat out again. The "results" are taken directly from the Florida health inspection dept or whatever it's called and not from visitors who just don't like the food or service. Lots of good and lots more bad. I do think a lots of the bad things are pretty much meaningless considering the things we touch and walk on but there are some big yuchs.
here's something that crossed my mind about KungFu: isn't it next to a Publix? how do roaches, etc., know where the boundary lies? do i dare suggest Publix may have a pest issue, too? am getting the heebie-jeebies thinking about it
Old 09-26-2023, 09:21 AM

I hope they get their stuff together. I like their fried chicken. With that said, the service I’ve received has been less than desirable. The last time we were there I said I’d never go back, but by the time we left I changed my mind. They had a couple entertaining that was very good. Don’t remember their name but they did some show music and did it well.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Went there to watch a football game. The fried chicken dinner was on the menu and was as good as before.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Went there to watch a football game. The fried chicken dinner was on the menu and was as good as before.
Not much of a game if it was the same one I was there for.
Closed Thread

Tags
mccalls, fiesta, food, opening, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.