Men wearing hats in restaurants.

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
And what would be the practical reason to wear one...keep your head warm?....keep the bugs off?
Who cares? What is practical for a man to wear a tie?
Old 03-29-2017, 04:53 PM

Really...does it really matter?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
And what would be the practical reason to wear one...keep your head warm?....keep the bugs off?
I can only speak for myself, but I wear mine to self-identify as a vulgarian.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Florida health code:

2-402.11 Effectiveness.
(A) Except as provided in ¶ (B) of this section, food employees shall wear hair restraints such as hats, hair coverings or nets, beard restraints, and clothing that covers body hair, that are designed and worn to effectively keep their hair from contacting exposed food; clean equipment, utensils, and linens; and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.

Would it offend you if I wore my torque blanche or is it only my baseball cap that's an issue ? What if my baseball cap exhibited a branch a of military service ? If it really truly offends you I can take it off and put it on my dog that I brought to the restaurant.
The issue is wearing a Hat and or Cap while dining out. Not if your Baseball Cap has a Military Logo or any other Logo on it.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,313 Times in 826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
The issue is wearing a Hat and or Cap while dining out. Not if your Baseball Cap has a Military Logo or any other Logo on it.
Now I have a real problem! This afternoon I played golf at Hacienda. Afterwards we occupied two tables on the patio for refreshments afterwards. Several couples were having a late lunch/early dinner. We were drinking and the sun was in my eyes distracting me from seeing the bathing beauties at the pool. I had to put my hat back on. What should I have done ?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 PM

I tend to only wear a hat for shade, but I am going to endeavor to cultivate a more permanent affectation.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Now I have a real problem! This afternoon I played golf at Hacienda. Afterwards we occupied two tables on the patio for refreshments afterwards. Several couples were having a late lunch/early dinner. We were drinking and the sun was in my eyes distracting me from seeing the bathing beauties at the pool. I had to put my hat back on. What should I have done ?
Since the Bathing Beauties were soaking up the " Ray's ' they weren't going anywhere soon...trot out to your golf cart and get your Sunglasses..One or two lessons you gain from this.

1) You will be less conspicuous while your admiring the view.

2) Call the waiter over and send over drinks. Naturally me being experienced I would ask the waiter what are they drinking..and

3) Bonus lesson: Always be prepared....
Old 04-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

My husband and our three sons wear caps to cover their bald heads. I have to say they look better with them on.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Eternal Member

I just returned from a Caribbean cruise. At dinner in the Main Dining Room (Moonlight Sonata), a Villager was at his table with his ball cap on. The Head Waiter asked the man to remove his cap. The Villager got irate, yelled a few choice words, forcibly grabbed his wife by the wrist, and stormed out of the dining room, dragging his wife behind.

Glad I was not sitting at his table. Actions like that give The Villages a worse name than the imaginary sexual wonderland that so many have of our community.

Guys, leave those ball caps at home when going to a restaurant!
Old 04-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Ok ? Not Ok ?
Opinions ?
Why is the question only about men?
Old 04-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,313 Times in 826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
I just returned from a Caribbean cruise. At dinner in the Main Dining Room (Moonlight Sonata), a Villager was at his table with his ball cap on. The Head Waiter asked the man to remove his cap. The Villager got irate, yelled a few choice words, forcibly grabbed his wife by the wrist, and stormed out of the dining room, dragging his wife behind.

Glad I was not sitting at his table. Actions like that give The Villages a worse name than the imaginary sexual wonderland that so many have of our community.

I have been raised to always remove my hat before sex.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Perhaps men have more bald spots; and they are therefore more inclined to wear baseball hats when dining?
I'm still laughing about RSC's comment about self-identifying as a vulgarian.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Perhaps men have more bald spots; and they are therefore more inclined to wear baseball hats when dining?
I'm still laughing about RSC's comment about self-identifying as a vulgarian.
I would think that having, Etiquette, Manners, and Pride in one's Personal appearance out weighed bald spot(s) while dining out. Those who do for that reason is showing excessive Vain in how they may look to others. Pity

Out of curiosity when invited to lunch/dinner to an individuals home, is it OK to wear a Baseball Cap while dining...or are the bald spots conveniently " Ignored ".

Most caps that I have noticed being worn are Filthy, Bearing Sweat Marks etc. hardly sanitary.

The consensus of opinions in this poll are Caps/Hats should not be worn.

Time to put this poll to rest.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Men wearing hats in restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

Redneck Villager, I wouldn't worry about him. Oops, there I said it. Only rednecks wear ball caps at a dinner table. [emoji52]

Last edited by RickeyD; 04-04-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
There was a separate thread about women.

Tags
opinions, restaurants, wearing, hats, men

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.