Great Thai Food

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Default Great Thai Food

As others have posted, I too miss the Siam Orchid and wish it would have been successful. There is a great Thai restauant in Leesburg across the street from the Ramshakle Cafe on 441/27. It is located in part of the Econo Lodge and the sign says Thai Food. It is not fancy at all, do not go there if you are looking for atmosphere. But, if you are looking for great Thai food it is a must go! I think some of the dishes are even better than the old Siam Orchid!

Charlie
Old 10-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Location: Detroit, Mi. Greenville, Mi. Royal Oak, Mi, The Villages

Thanks Charlie,

We also miss Saim Orchid. Great to know we have someplace to go for good Thai food.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Have seen the sign on the lodge but was relectant to try. You are a brave soul!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Default Bangkok Bistro

You do not need to be brave to try the Bangkok Bistro. Their food is excellent. I moved from a place that had many excellent Asian restaurants (Thai, Cambodian and Laotian). On average we would have Thai and/or Vietnamese food twice a week. I will say that Bangkok Thai's food is on par with most of the restaurants up north. The Pad Thai, Tum Yum soup,Papaya Salad and Red Curry Chicken dishes are fantastic. Better than the Thai restaurant in LSL and equal to if not better than Siam Orchid. It is worth trying.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the information. Siam Orchid was my favorite restaurant in TV. Glad to know there is an alternative to Thai Ruby.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie49 View Post
As others have posted, I too miss the Siam Orchid and wish it would have been successful. There is a great Thai restauant in Leesburg across the street from the Ramshakle Cafe on 441/27. It is located in part of the Econo Lodge and the sign says Thai Food. It is not fancy at all, do not go there if you are looking for atmosphere. But, if you are looking for great Thai food it is a must go! I think some of the dishes are even better than the old Siam Orchid!

Charlie
Thanks Charlie. We will try it.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 PM

Does anyone know what happened to Siam Orchid?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Default Location?

Where is Bangkok Bistro located? We are snowbirds and won't be down until January. I love thai. Help!

And, yes, I'd like to know what happened to Siam Orchid too. Thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Right here in LSL

My wife and I have enjoyed several great meals at Thai Ruby in LSL; been there 3-4 times in our 7 months in TV. The food is very good (albiet we always order the same dish; not on the menu but they make it for us), the decor and atmosphere are great and the help outstanding.

With the many posts here on TOTV about Villages businesses closing, we try to frequent as many as we can as often as we can...elsewise someday we may be asking why did our favorites close?
_
Old 10-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Default Good Thai Restaurant

New to the Villages in July and was anxious to try Thai Ruby. The first visit we rated the food fair and decided to look further for good Thai food. Went back to Thai Ruby this evening to see if we had a bad experience the first visit. Much to our chagrin, this visit was worse. Even though I ordered my dish "HOT", it could have been processed in a blender and served as baby food. My wife's meal was equally disappointing.

We have not tried Bankok in Leesburg, but will soon.

We have been to Royal Orchid in Ocal twice and have been pleased both times.

Royal Orchid
3131 SW College Road, #206
Ocala, FL 34474 (Formerly Thai Ruby).
Tel: 352-237-4949

If you are ever in the Ft Lauderdale area try Thai Spice. There is also and excellent Thai restaurant in Las Vegas named Thai Spice.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.