Mission BBQ

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2023, 11:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I understand, but don't you think it is a little crass to come to the table and ask who is a veteran and then to serve two of the three diners a dessert? Really? How low class can you get? I am referring to Mission BBQ, not PDQ.
A place gives free desserts to veterans for their service. You expect to also get that because you’re sitting with them? Wow! How low class can you get? I’m referring to you, not Mission BBQ.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,729 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
A place gives free desserts to veterans for their service. You expect to also get that because you’re sitting with them? Wow! How low class can you get? I’m referring to you, not Mission BBQ.
I didn't expect to get a free dessert. The woman who came to the table only asked if we were vets. She didn't mention anything about desserts, free or otherwise. She left and then came back with two desserts. The only way for me to get a dessert was to get in the cafeteria line and wait about 20 minutes for a dessert. I just think she should have offered everyone at the table the opportunity to buy a dessert.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
I didn't expect to get a free dessert. The woman who came to the table only asked if we were vets. She didn't mention anything about desserts, free or otherwise. She left and then came back with two desserts. The only way for me to get a dessert was to get in the cafeteria line and wait about 20 minutes for a dessert. I just think she should have offered everyone at the table the opportunity to buy a dessert.
You can buy one, if it looks really good when they bring dessert to the vet, I have seen entire table go to the register and order. The peach cobbler is really good according to many. I don’t like peaches, but the apple is worth buying
Old 05-25-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
So, the same scenario if you weren't sitting with vets...

You pay up front, when you order, not to the servers... If you want something else, yes, you have to get back in line...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-06-2023, 05:36 PM

Lady Lake. It’s by Sam’s and Millers Ale
Old 06-06-2023, 05:37 PM

It’s now changed from Peggy’s Peach Cobbler to Banana Puddin’
Old 06-06-2023, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armytwin View Post
It’s now changed from Peggy’s Peach Cobbler to Banana Puddin’
Different dessert first of every month. Usually follows whatever fruit is in season. If not a good fruit month, than banana pudding, bread pudding, sometimes cake
Old 06-07-2023, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

will give it a try, thx for suggesting.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:36 AM

A couple months ago Mission BBQ had blueberry cobbler..... Man it was GOOD!!
Old 06-09-2023, 02:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

When they first opened it was crowded. The last year or so it's been very easy to find a table even at the usual busy time. My theory is that a lot of people are offended by the prices at Mission after being used to dining at Oakwood and eating their roast beef.
Closed Thread

Tags
nice, outstanding, job, people, honoring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.