Miz Kathi’s

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Miz Kathi’s

We used to go to Miz KB’s couple times a month prior to the pandemic. She is slowly opening, but haven’t eaten there since.

There is a Taco Night, Low country boil, and a Thanksgiving meal, now offered, all you care to eat, with soft drinks and dessert ( which is my favorite). Tickets start at $50 (tacos) up to $100 per person.

Anyone eaten at any new events? Not looking to compare to other restaurants or go to a different restaurant. Just looking for experience at Miz K’s
Old 08-10-2023, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

I have not eaten at these new special events. We always enjoyed meals there. Ladies lunches at times. Always good fresh food. Stopped going there for whatever reason. We went for dinner on a Friday night recently at 5 pm. No one was there as a customer. We ordered a combo fish platter that we used to get over the years. Those that are familiar with this establishment know there is usually a large display of her fabulous cakes against the wall. Nothing was there. We preceded to have our dinner. Corn bread less than fresh. Butter was warm and off tasting. No scallops on fish platter any longer. No longer to switch out sides. There was some dish called scampi on platter that we hated. No it was not the typical shrimp scampi flavor. Now served with hush puppies that were dark, dark brown cover fried. We decided we wanted cake and pie to go. Surely that would be the same. That's her specialty. We got home and later had the chocolate surrender cake and apple pie. They were STALE! I was suspicious when the waitress brought out the cake from a case near the front door. As I said there were no longer lots of cakes on display. The apple pie which used to be Devine was terrible. The apples were applesauce. The crust was a good 3 inches above the apples leaving a cavern between the two. A couple of days later they sent a survey by email. I was honest.
So very disappointed that another good eatery has aloud it's quality to change for the worse. I see no reason to return.

At 6:30 as we were finishing and paying our bill, a table of 4 arrived.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:29 AM
Sage

Thanks thought is was just us. Got the train wreck, and grits, were so crusted over, they had to have been microwaved couple of times. The roast was a special that we have had many times. flavor was mediocre, not tender, as in the past. There weren’t any cakes on the buffet, which was very different
Old 08-10-2023, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Thanks thought is was just us. Got the train wreck, and grits, were so crusted over, they had to have been microwaved couple of times. The roast was a special that we have had many times. flavor was mediocre, not tender, as in the past. There weren’t any cakes on the buffet, which was very different
Why do you think this has happened to them? I feel bad for once was a great place to eat.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Why do you think this has happened to them? I feel bad for once was a great place to eat.
It was our go to for well made Southern food. The only white gravy I would eat was when my granddaddy made it, Miz K’s came so close, I could imagine he was still alive. I don’t eat any gravy other than his white gravy, so that says a lot about their cook.

In the past it was hard just to get a table and the wait was long.
The last two time we have been there, only couple of tables had people.
I don’t think they are getting enough business, to keep the food fresh. Some things felt leftover, and very microwaved overly hot, that was never the case, in the past.

I think the recipe is the same, but if you don’t sell it, taste and texture change. Had been there plenty of times that an item sold out before 6. Plus the 7 cakes and pies that were always front and center are nonexistent.

I was hoping the special nights that are reservations only, might bring their standards back. Emails are saying only one or 2 tables left, yet I can’t find anyone who has gone to the last couple events. Starting at $50-100 each, can’t imagine someone from the Villages hasn’t gone.

Tags
miz, eaten, favorite, tickets, start

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.