My McDonald's Rankings

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2023, 09:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts
Default My McDonald's Rankings

My dine-in McDonalds ratings, mainly concerning service/wait times. I use the App when ordering. Haven't been inside the two on 27/441. It's not fine dining, but it works when you're in a hurry.

#1 Magnolia Usually 5 minute wait, and they are quick to refill soda.
#2 Colony Used to be #1. Now erratic.
#3 44/Signature Least crowded.
#4 466/Wedgewood The only with a self serve soda machine. 15 minute wait last
week
Old 08-30-2023, 12:37 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
My dine-in McDonalds ratings, mainly concerning service/wait times. I use the App when ordering. Haven't been inside the two on 27/441. It's not fine dining, but it works when you're in a hurry.

week
To me it changes day to day, no consistency at all, must be who is working, who is he manager/supervisor, etc. I found on of the busiest and oldest is (or was) the most efficient and consistent... that's the one across from WM in the Spruce Creek plaza, but it too might change day to day, don't go to McD's but one a month if that...not much improved under Covid.. Dah !
Old 08-30-2023, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

i miss the all-day breakfast
Old 08-30-2023, 09:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i miss the all-day breakfast

Egg McMuffin the only sandwich made with real eggs.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:10 AM
Veteran member
Default Colony Mac

Quote:

week
I don't understand the Colony McDonalds. No self-service drinks or condiments, no salads on the menu. Used to have those items, just like the other locations.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

But was the shake machine working?
Old 08-30-2023, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I can’t tolerate fake eggs..the taste is awful. McMuffin is an egg but not a fan. I would say have been in a McDonalds once in 5 years. I will say the one on 44 never looks busy like others

Last edited by asianthree; 08-30-2023 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2023, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:

week

McDonald’s home of the stale buns.
Old 08-30-2023, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I don't understand the Colony McDonalds. No self-service drinks or condiments, no salads on the menu. Used to have those items, just like the other locations.
know what happens when refills are free? .
Old 08-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
know what happens when refills are free? .
They still give free refills - but you have to go to the counter and ask for it.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
They still give free refills - but you have to go to the counter and ask for it.
I never understood why people will pay more for a large soft drink when you can get free refills on a small drink.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:08 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Who knows ?? Seems to me a LOT of "covid" changes made have never, and probably will never, come back ? The self serve ketchup station was sloppy, I admit, but now having to ASK for ketchup for fries is annoying too, have to remember each time to ask... and then the 2 packets for two large orders of fries, and if you ask for more, you get 1 more, and it gets embarrassing to have to stand and ask for them 1 at a time... with people in line behind you, but of course, that's their business decision and it's obvious employees are trained to that specific routine...just like my opinion that it's foolish to ask people, AFTER they order, if they want additional items, "fries with that", "would you like to include a shake", "would you also like to add a pie", etc. etc. but it must pay off for them. Most of us will come back even though such measures are mildly annoying. Since the dispensers are probably considered unsanitary... just a bowl of individual packets would be a nice courtesy... LOL ! My own personal "rant" concerns avoid the astronomical sugar content of soda, by asking or a cola of half regular and half diet. With many locations no longer offering a self-serve, and the employees telling me "we no longer can do that" (meaning they are no longer allowed to do a "mix"), I think it is amusing that their corporate culture, their signature is : At McDonald's, have it YOUR way. Amusing, ironic isn't it...LOL !

But, they probably view taking time to mix types of soda as an efficiency of employee time error (Taylor, the industrial period theory...and Ray Kroc was a true disciple and it sure paid off) that a bowl of condiment packs is an invitation to steal ... every penny saved counts, that makes corporate sense.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Who knows ?? Seems to me a LOT of "covid" changes made have never, and probably will never, come back ? The self serve ketchup station was sloppy, I admit, but now having to ASK for ketchup for fries is annoying too, have to remember each time to ask... and then the 2 packets for two large orders of fries, and if you ask for more, you get 1 more, and it gets embarrassing to have to stand and ask for them 1 at a time... with people in line behind you, but of course, that's their business decision and it's obvious employees are trained to that specific routine...just like my opinion that it's foolish to ask people, AFTER they order, if they want additional items, "fries with that", "would you like to include a shake", "would you also like to add a pie", etc. etc. but it must pay off for them. Most of us will come back even though such measures are mildly annoying. Since the dispensers are probably considered unsanitary... just a bowl of individual packets would be a nice courtesy... LOL ! My own personal "rant" concerns avoid the astronomical sugar content of soda, by asking or a cola of half regular and half diet. With many locations no longer offering a self-serve, and the employees telling me "we no longer can do that" (meaning they are no longer allowed to do a "mix"), I think it is amusing that their corporate culture, their signature is : At McDonald's, have it YOUR way. Amusing, ironic isn't it...LOL !

But, they probably view taking time to mix types of soda as an efficiency of employee time error (Taylor, the industrial period theory...and Ray Kroc was a true disciple and it sure paid off) that a bowl of condiment packs is an invitation to steal ... every penny saved counts, that makes corporate sense.
I think the "Have it your way" slogan is at Burger King, not McDonald's.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I never understood why people will pay more for a large soft drink when you can get free refills on a small drink.
If you are ordering to go, it makes sense to order the large drink. If you are eating in, order the small.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think the "Have it your way" slogan is at Burger King, not McDonald's.
It is Burger King’s slogan.

Have it Your Way: Burger King Tagline History

I always hate it when they guy ahead of me takes the slogan seriously and makes a specific order. Ordering extra pickles, no ketchup, no onions, etc., etc., really slows things down! And you increase the chances for a mistake on the order!
Closed Thread

Tags
soda, wait, minute, mcdonalds, quick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.