Nancy Lopez Legacy Restaurant slipping

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Went to Bob Evans at Colony Turkey Feast $14.95. Could not finish all the food . Hot when we got it , tasty, three sides plus stuffing and cranberry relish, pie (so-so) and choice of their breads (pumpkin, banana, biscuits etc. Would definitely go again on holidays.
We’ve been to Bob Evans a few times since we got back here. Don’t think there are any back in Rhode Island. Really good breakfasts and good hearty dinners all for very reasonable prices. Sign up for there email program for coupons and it gets even cheaper.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Gold member

Don't listen to these nay sayers. If you haven't noticed by now a lot of these negative reviews happen when certain snow birds come back here. They make it a practice of complaining about everything they do or see. The last time Lopez was said to be going down hill we went and ate there. It was great!

There are some people whose sole duty is to tell everyone how horrible things are...ignore them and enjoy.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Hemingway has been replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
GoodLife....many people here just dont want to cook anymore. I suspect that is why many restaurants know they can serve mediocre food.

Havent eaten at Lopez in a while. I had heard they improved but holiday food at any restaurant is a gamble.

Hemingway?...they truly need a lot of help
The owners of Red Sauce bought the restaurant a t Havana. They changed the menu and the food is very good. Have been there 6 or 7 times since the purchase.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
we are new here for the holidays and have been asking for weeks where a good spot was for Thanksgiving dinner and heard a lot of horror stories such as this one here on the forum. I saw an ad in the paper for Harbor Lights and took a chance on it at $28 per person. I was a little disappointed in the atmosphere but boy was it a great buffet, well stocked, hot, and included beef and lamb if you chose to add that to your plate. Everything was great including the dessert and the service. I would not hesitate in going back there again. A long drive for those of you up north buy only 15 minutes from Fenney. Great find and I'm surprised that it was not mentioned here somewhere over the prior weeks.
We like to go to Harbor Lights. I like their seafood buffet on the weekends. The owners are very nice and the food is always hot & fresh.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Default Awful meal

Lopez Legacy has definitely gone downhill. We went their last night for our anniversary. It has always been our 'go to' for big events. I ordered a martini with Ketel One Vodka, and the waiter said they don't have Ketel One. What? You've got to be kidding. So I ordered Grey Goose. Again, they don't have Grey Goose. Strange! I ended up with a watered down Titos martini. Things went down hill from there. The Calimari was undercooked and chewey with some sort of weird sweet sauce on it. We couldn't finish it. Our meal came while we were eating the appetizer. The beans were under cooked, or should I say raw. The lobster was just fair, and we get better steak at Sam's Club. It was noisy, to the point we had trouble hearing each other. We spent $100 total, and should have stayed home. What has happened to one of the few good restaurants in The Villages?
Old 11-28-2017, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Don't listen to these nay sayers. If you haven't noticed by now a lot of these negative reviews happen when certain snow birds come back here. They make it a practice of complaining about everything they do or see. The last time Lopez was said to be going down hill we went and ate there. It was great!

There are some people whose sole duty is to tell everyone how horrible things are...ignore them and enjoy.
Hey give me a break. We just purchased at the end of June. Let me develop a track record first before you label me a complainer. But I stand by my comments. Bob Evans was comparable to Lopez but with larger portions at a third of the price. That said, we will try Lopez again but not on a holiday.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:35 AM

I really don't view those who relay a disappointing dining experience as "complainers" They are actually very helpful to me when I am choosing where to eat! Thanks for the information.

Evans Prairie Country Club is my favorite, excellent food, good portions, clean, lovely decor inside and outside, friendly staff.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

We had holiday dinner at the best restaurant wherever (and it was all over the US) we lived, and it was never as good as it was the other days.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
We had holiday dinner at the best restaurant wherever (and it was all over the US) we lived, and it was never as good as it was the other days.
I agree. The "senior staff" as in longest there, have asked off to be with their families and they were probably given the time off in many cases.

Turkey is tricky to serve, getting the little bones out etc and cutting it attractively and many, (Maybe ALL) restaurants use pre-prepared and that doesn't do a Turkey any good. Never like fresh out of the oven.

Just all kinds of reasons why the big holiday dinners aren't WONDERFUL at many restaurants.

I LOVE everything about Bob Evans Turkey dinner BUT the Turkey. I love the dressing, the cranberry sauce, the mashed potatoes, the gravy, the rolls, but the Turkey is not up to par with Turkey out of the oven. NOWHERE. Nada. In any restaurant.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

This was the first Thanksgiving my wife hasn’t cooked. So wherever we would have eaten, it was going to be a bit of a disappointment. But she didn’t seem that disappointed.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
This was the first Thanksgiving my wife hasn’t cooked. So wherever we would have eaten, it was going to be a bit of a disappointment. But she didn’t seem that disappointed.
I am so liking your posts. Welcome to The Villages. May you have many wonderful Thanksgivings.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am so liking your posts. Welcome to The Villages. May you have many wonderful Thanksgivings.
Thank you!

Loving the Villages so far. We sold a small vacation condo in Sarasota to get a place here. I was a little worried that we would miss the beach and I do miss the beach. But The Villages offers so much more. Sarasota never felt like home. This feels like home. That says it all.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Thank you!

Loving the Villages so far. We sold a small vacation condo in Sarasota to get a place here. I was a little worried that we would miss the beach and I do miss the beach. But The Villages offers so much more. Sarasota never felt like home. This feels like home. That says it all.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
I really don't view those who relay a disappointing dining experience as "complainers" They are actually very helpful to me when I am choosing where to eat! Thanks for the information.

Evans Prairie Country Club is my favorite, excellent food, good portions, clean, lovely decor inside and outside, friendly staff.
Enjoyed one of the best made to order omelets by a lady who knows how to prepare it at Evans as part of their breakfast special.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Enjoyed one of the best made to order omelets by a lady who knows how to prepare it at Evans as part of their breakfast special.
You can’t beat the breakfast buffets (with made to order omelets) at Evans Prairie, Bonifay and Orange Blossom. We go there often. Unbelievable deal at $7.99 weekdays and $8.99 weekends.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, lopez, nancy, weekly, tail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.