Old 09-13-2021, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

What about the post ending with strange, we want to know
Old 09-13-2021, 09:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
not quite sure what point you are making. Strange is your post.
Strange that he was very successful here for so many years with Legacy, also took over Havana CC for a short time, then suddenly he and his wife, Brigette, disappeared. His newest venture was to be called "Legacy On The Blvd." in Ocala. It never came to pass. They used to live here in Oxford. A friend just told me he's living in Cape Coral, FL. now. Not sure if he and Brigette are still together.

Originally the Legacy Restaurant had Nancy Lopez's name on it but when she started to get complaints from patrons that "there was a fly in my soup!", she asked to have her name only associated with the "country club" (5 year endorsement contract that includes the use of a designer home in Briar Meadow) and not the restaurant. So they had to change all the signs and state licensing within the first year it was opened to remove her name.

She would correct you if you said the "Nancy Lopez restaurant".

Hope this helps. Skip
Old 09-13-2021, 09:43 AM
Default Legacy Restaurant

I think those of us who have been Villagers for quite a while just automatically call it "Lopez." We've been here since 2005, and it has always been our favorite--a cut above all the other restaurants in town, and certainly way above most of the other "country club" restaurants. Palmer is probably the second best. It's interesting that these two were the first two country club restaurants, then the others followed as more people moved in. The others are pretty much all the same--mediocre menu and food. It's really too bad that no other restaurants of Legacy's caliber have come here. Rose Plantation is the closest in quality and presentation, but the ambience is not great.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
Palmer is probably the second best. It's interesting that these two were the first two country club restaurants...
Slight correction: Orange Blossom Hills CC (1985) was the first, Hacienda Hills CC (2004) was the second, Glenview CC (2004) was the third, then Legacy (at Nancy Lopez CC) and Palmer Legends CC. But we get your gist.

Skip
Old 09-13-2021, 10:13 AM

Lopez is the best.. wish Palmer was as good!
Old 09-13-2021, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
We went to the Lopez restaurant for the 4th time this year and the food was as great as it was the past 3 times. We went 3 times for dinner and the 4th time was for lunch. A few months ago at dinner I had the beef filet which was the best beef I have had in years! Very tender and delicious. This past visit was for lunch and out of their very extensive menu I selected pecan crusted salmon with a slight maple glaze. It came with rice and green beans and carrots. Everything was perfectly cooked and wonderfully flavored. I am not a fan of many of the country club restaurants but Lopez really stands out as my favorite.
I had a spam sandwich with mustard and pickles at home and it was DELICIOUS. And I loved myself for being SO frugal!
Old 09-13-2021, 11:41 AM
Default Lopez Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
We went to the Lopez restaurant for the 4th time this year and the food was as great as it was the past 3 times. We went 3 times for dinner and the 4th time was for lunch. A few months ago at dinner I had the beef filet which was the best beef I have had in years! Very tender and delicious. This past visit was for lunch and out of their very extensive menu I selected pecan crusted salmon with a slight maple glaze. It came with rice and green beans and carrots. Everything was perfectly cooked and wonderfully flavored. I am not a fan of many of the country club restaurants but Lopez really stands out as my favorite.
Our son & daughter-in-law always go to Lopez when they visit. They absolutely love everything they have ie menu choices, atmosphere & friendly staff. We have yet to go there.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:19 PM

I agree. Dinner at The Legacy/Nancy Lopez was impressive. Recently, I had their roasted duck (extra crispy) and it was out of this world. The service was outstanding. Everyone in our party was favorably impressed with the food, the service and the admosphere. It was a very enjoyable evening.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by worahm View Post
I agree. Dinner at The Legacy/Nancy Lopez was impressive. Recently, I had their roasted duck (extra crispy) and it was out of this world. The service was outstanding. Everyone in our party was favorably impressed with the food, the service and the admosphere. It was a very enjoyable evening.
I just finished lunch and now I want Duck... Damn you!

-Tom Petty
Old 09-13-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Strange that he was very successful here for so many years with Legacy, also took over Havana CC for a short time, then suddenly he and his wife, Brigette, disappeared. His newest venture was to be called "Legacy On The Blvd." in Ocala. It never came to pass. They used to live here in Oxford. A friend just told me he's living in Cape Coral, FL. now. Not sure if he and Brigette are still together.

Originally the Legacy Restaurant had Nancy Lopez's name on it but when she started to get complaints from patrons that "there was a fly in my soup!", she asked to have her name only associated with the "country club" (5 year endorsement contract that includes the use of a designer home in Briar Meadow) and not the restaurant. So they had to change all the signs and state licensing within the first year it was opened to remove her name.

She would correct you if you said the "Nancy Lopez restaurant".

Hope this helps. Skip
Just to clarify, it may not be the Nancy Lopez Restaurant, but the restaurant website, menu, and advertising state the restaurant name as:

"Legacy Restaurant at the Nancy Lopez Country Club"
Old 09-13-2021, 02:44 PM

2021 0913 Monday @ 15:44
re: Legacy
I took my daughter (visiting from Florence, IT) and son (visiting from Maryland) to Legacy on August 21st, 2021. Our server was new (less than a week at the restaurant). The waiter, food and service were wonderful. I have come to expect this from Legacy.

re: (other country clubs)
I am sure that we have all experienced spotty service and <food> at many restaurants throughout our lives. I cannot point to any of TV's country clubs as being better or worse. It does seem that the kitchen staff (and ingredients), wait staff and support staff all need to "come together" to make for a great experience. My point is that I am pleased (fortunate) to have so many options among the country clubs in TV.

Shout Out
Speaking to those of you around whom I have had the pleasure of dining when alone, it is sometimes to my amusement (and envy) that you are having such a good time.

Note
Due to the pandemic, I typically eat at odd hours when the verandas / porches are quiet.

Final Thought
As for the individual who posted making the spam sandwich, I will acknowledge the satisfaction of making my own, with my own healthy (organic, 100% grass fed...) ingredients. Yet, there is something <extra> special about dining in a group and forging new memories with friends.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Slight correction: Orange Blossom Hills CC (1985) was the first, Hacienda Hills CC (2004) was the second, Glenview CC (2004) was the third, then Legacy (at Nancy Lopez CC) and Palmer Legends CC. But we get your gist.

Skip
Thank you for the correction. You're right, of course. Guess I was just using 2005 as my starting point.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:05 PM
Default Bully for youie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I had a spam sandwich with mustard and pickles at home and it was DELICIOUS. And I loved myself for being SO frugal!
Love spam with mustard. Hard to understand why you bring it up on this topic.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme5x View Post
Lopez is the best.. wish Palmer was as good!
Palmer is hit or miss. Lopez is solid.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:23 PM

Michael is outstanding! He goes out of the way to make you feel welcome and that all of your needs are accommodated! The people at Lopez are one of the key factors to keep people coming back!
Closed Thread

Tags
lopez, lunch, dinner, beef, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.