Napolinos Experience

Old 03-23-2024, 02:57 PM
Default Napolinos Experience

This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

The couple times we've been there it was like they warmed up Chef Boyardee out of the can.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:46 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

They have had a lot of health violations lately also, some really nasty ones. Would not step foot in that place.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

They had one problem and fixed it.

We have been there quite a lot and enjoy it. Last night had dinner with another couple and excellent meal.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Default Restaurants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:54 PM

That's simply because you're used to jello in the hospital
Old 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy View Post
Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.
Does this mean you don’t eat out? Be honest now…………..
Old 03-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
That is definitely not my experience. But you are welcome to eat MREs & leave the restaurants to us.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:05 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

One of my favorite places - never had a bad meal there over the years.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Every restaurant? Remind me to never pay attention to a review you do.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Rodellos

Rodellos just off of the corner of 470 and 27 has fairly good Italian food.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-23-2024, 09:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Rodellos just off of the corner of 470 and 27 has fairly good Italian food.
Fairly good is not a recommendation. I take that as NO GO.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,519 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Wow that's crazy! I just looked at their menu, and linguine with clam sauce (red or white) isn't even an option for a side, it's only on there as a dinner choice.

Maybe next time, order what's on the menu, and you won't be disappointed.

That said - no idea why you got an actual white gravy. White clam sauce isn't white. It's only called that to distinguish it from red. It's mostly just olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, clam juice, and red pepper.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Sounds like your server had no idea what you wanted when you placed your order. The server should have asked questions. Do not condemn an entire restaurant and staff on one mistake. Unless, the people who dined with you didn't like their food. If everyone in your party agrees the food was awful, then move on!

We dined there twice and have not returned. Like most Italian restaurants here, it was mediocre at best. If we want a good Italian meal, we make it at home. We purchase pasta made in Italy, choose ripe tomatoes, and use fresh spices. The quality ingredients cost much less than eating out and our meal is always superb.

IMO, you will not get FRESH at Italian restaurants in the Villages. After many years of trying, we have eliminated all of them. We only dine at restaurants where meals are made to order.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 03-23-2024 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:58 AM

Quote:
I might have laughed as well at the waitress’s comment on the clam sauce. She sounds quite inexperienced. But to be frank, that may be how the kitchen operates and what the chef told her. In other words, the linguini with (actual clams) in the sauce is reserved for an entree, not a side dish of pasta to go with your chicken parm. Kitchen can cut costs that way too.

Tags
clams, sauce, clam, white, linguini

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.