Napolinos Experience

Old 03-27-2024, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
I may have accidentally made a comment about my "loading the dishwasher" immediately after my wife and I began trying to get pregnant with our first child.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 04-02-2024, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
They had one problem and fixed it.

We have been there quite a lot and enjoy it. Last night had dinner with another couple and excellent meal.
They've been shut down (closed) on the spot TWO times for serious health violations. Recently, and a while back when they had 70 VIOLATIONS. In between these shutdowns were lots more findings. Look it up for yourself. No apology plea or coupon will get me back there. They have had enough chances, and excuses don't cut it. If you like the taste of the food, you or your stomach may pay for it later. Not worth the risk when there are so many restaurants around. Note a Mexican restaurant also on 301 was shut down for roaches a while ago also. Review before you go.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I did not know that and it appears the State of Florida does not know that either. They were shut down for a few hours in February this year and one other time for a few hours in February 2023. Not good to be shut down at all, but not twice in just a few weeks and not even for an entire day.
Napolinos had 70 (SEVENTY) violations the last time they were shut down, and double digits thereafter for inspections. Obviously they don't care to have a clean restaurant.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTVTV View Post
Napolinos had 70 (SEVENTY) violations the last time they were shut down, and double digits thereafter for inspections. Obviously they don't care to have a clean restaurant.
Not obvious at all. You are referring to the inspection in 2017. Not an issue for me - wasn't here then, seem to have done much better since.

The double-digit violations tell me more about how thorough the inspections are and how stringent the rules are. Given the minor items that are considered violations, I feel comfortable eating at any restaurant that has met standards.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-02-2024, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
They've been shut down (closed) on the spot TWO times for serious health violations. Recently, and a while back when they had 70 VIOLATIONS. In between these shutdowns were lots more findings. Look it up for yourself. No apology plea or coupon will get me back there. They have had enough chances, and excuses don't cut it. If you like the taste of the food, you or your stomach may pay for it later. Not worth the risk when there are so many restaurants around. Note a Mexican restaurant also on 301 was shut down for roaches a while ago also. Review before you go.
Quote:
Quote:
Not obvious at all. You are referring to the inspection in 2017. Not an issue for me - wasn't here then, seem to have done much better since.

The double-digit violations tell me more about how thorough the inspections are and how stringent the rules are. Given the minor items that are considered violations, I feel comfortable eating at any restaurant that has met standards.
Hey TVTV did you check your data, was it really 2017?
Old 04-21-2024, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I went to Bella Vita Italian Steakhouse for the first time last night , the place has been done over quite nicely and the food was very good , and service just like in there other restaurants was excellent,I’m going to add it into my group of regular restaurants that I frequent in the villages
Old 04-21-2024, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:

Agree. Just wonder how many (or how few) home kitchens would would pass inspection. Not as many as you might think. 🤢🤮🥵😷😾🙈
Old 04-21-2024, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Agree. Just wonder how many (or how few) home kitchens would would pass inspection. Not as many as you might think. 🤢🤮🥵😷😾🙈
I would say most would not but professional kitchens should know the rules and follow them
Old 04-21-2024, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I would say most would not but professional kitchens should know the rules and follow them
Agree. But when you compare the volume of food purchased, stored, prepared and served, by a professional kitchen, one begins to appreciate what a high standard they try (my assumption) to live up to.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Agree. But when you compare the volume of food purchased, stored, prepared and served, by a professional kitchen, one begins to appreciate what a high standard they try (my assumption) to live up to.
True but they chose to be in this business and should be supplying food that is safe for us to enjoy
Old 04-22-2024, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Bogie Shooter;2314743]Does this mean you don’t eat out? Be honest now…………..[/q

We all eat out. The Villages restaurants, Country Clubs are the essence of MEDIOCRITY!! If any of you think this is great fare, then the food you ate from where you come must have been similar as TV. You would think with the amount of people living here we would have a few high end dining experiences. But, would the typical renowned cheap villager be willing to pay?
Old 04-22-2024, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

[QUOTE=RedChariot;2324016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Does this mean you don’t eat out? Be honest now…………..[/q

We all eat out. The Villages restaurants, Country Clubs are the essence of MEDIOCRITY!! If any of you think this is great fare, then the food you ate from where you come must have been similar as TV. You would think with the amount of people living here we would have a few high end dining experiences. But, would the typical renowned cheap villager be willing to pay?
In my opinion, The Villages should stop calling their restaurants "country clubs". They are restaurants, not country clubs. It is dishonest to refer to them as country clubs.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Reminds me of when a known manufacturer was asked why there was no lobster listed in their ingredients for lobster sauce. Simple, they said, it was a sauce FOR lobster.
I'm sorry but the "lobster sauce" down here is disgusting no matter where you go. But I was raised on Kowloon's Boston-style lobster sauce made with ground pork. It was so good
Old 04-22-2024, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonrich View Post
i'm sorry but the "lobster sauce" down here is disgusting no matter where you go. But i was raised on kowloon's boston-style lobster sauce made with ground pork. It was so good
ground pork!?!? 😱😱😱
Old 04-22-2024, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=RedChariot;2324016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Does this mean you don’t eat out? Be honest now…………..[/q

There are some but definitely not big city worthy. Others, like The Anglers Club* (which is excellent), you need to be a member
*I was a guest

Tags
clams, sauce, clam, white, linguini

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.