Napolinos Experience

Old 03-24-2024, 05:28 AM
Veteran member

All the bad restaurants with poor service and food are attracted to The Villages.

These posts get sillier by the day.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy View Post
Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.
Yep, every single one of them. When I moved here 10 years ago I weighed 743 pounds. Now I'm 82 pounds and fed by IV, all because every single restaurant sucks.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
I might have laughed as well at the waitress’s comment on the clam sauce. She sounds quite inexperienced. But to be frank, that may be how the kitchen operates and what the chef told her. In other words, the linguini with (actual clams) in the sauce is reserved for an entree, not a side dish of pasta to go with your chicken parm. Kitchen can cut costs that way too.
People are missing the point....he asked for the side, and as requested was up charged $3 based on that. If it was only for the full entree that should’ve been communicated in the first place. Not after the improv of the ‘chef’. That said, like the earlier post, Italian food is best cooked at home. There are people on here that think Olive Garden is authentic Italian. Italians don’t serve bologna parmigiana!
Old 03-24-2024, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yep, every single one of them. When I moved here 10 years ago I weighed 743 pounds. Now I'm 82 pounds and fed by IV, all because every single restaurant sucks.
Thank you for your service aerating our greens all those years....and on your weight loss!
Old 03-24-2024, 06:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Wow that's crazy! I just looked at their menu, and linguine with clam sauce (red or white) isn't even an option for a side, it's only on there as a dinner choice.

Maybe next time, order what's on the menu, and you won't be disappointed.

That said - no idea why you got an actual white gravy. White clam sauce isn't white. It's only called that to distinguish it from red. It's mostly just olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, clam juice, and red pepper.
No clams in clam sauce? You seem to be wrong about there being no clams in it, but right about it not being a white sauce.
Old-fashioned Linguine with White Clam Sauce Recipe - Food.com
The Best Clam Sauce Recipe
White Clam Sauce with Linguine - 40 Aprons
Old 03-24-2024, 06:07 AM
Default Bonefish Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
All the bad restaurants with poor service and food are attracted to The Villages.

These posts get sillier by the day.
I must agree that many of the Restaurants are sub par inside the Bubble.

Friday my wife and I went to the Bonefish Grill. Pricy I know but generally good. Our waitress came to take our drink order. I asked for a "Diet Budweiser" (my standard joke). She promptly told me "we don't serve Budweiser". My wife and I looked at each other as she never got the joke. I had to tell her that they had Bud Lite on tap. Got my Beer then. Go figure......

Old 03-24-2024, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwoodrick View Post
I must agree that many of the Restaurants are sub par inside the Bubble.

Friday my wife and I went to the Bonefish Grill. Pricy I know but generally good. Our waitress came to take our drink order. I asked for a "Diet Budweiser" (my standard joke). She promptly told me we don't serve Budweiser. My wife and I looked at each other as she never got the joke. I had to tell her that they had Bud Lite on tap. Got my Beer then. Go figure......

You may have lost her at ‘dink order’....just saying
Old 03-24-2024, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
You may have lost her at ‘dink order’....just saying
Nice save but we saw your typo!
Old 03-24-2024, 06:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default I like their food

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Fairly good is not a recommendation. I take that as NO GO.
I like their food quite a bit, their cheese is over used a bit much for me but the sauce is magnificent. I would eat there or at Gio’s if I was looking for Italian. Definitely I’m not a fan of Francesco’s or Pasta Palace. Staying focused, we haven’t eaten at an inside the Villages restaurant that understands Italian. We have had sit downs and pizza both from Napolinos, all the food was sub par and on one occasion we barely touched a take out pizza from the place.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 03-24-2024 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy View Post
Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.
Napolinas isn't even in The Villages.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:21 AM

You are absolutely right. We've tried them all in living here 20 years. Horrible food, horrible service.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
I’m sorry you had a bad experience. I think the pizza at Napolino’s is arguably the best in the area (though Sammy’s across the street from Napolino’s has more authentic New York hole-in-the-wall type pizza.) The spaghetti carbonara is made the right way, unlike what usually passes for it in many Italian-style restaurants. When I eat it at Napolino’s, I moan with pleasure. It really is delicious. Also, some nights Napolino’s features the singer Mark Raisch, who is perhaps the best singer of Sinatra-style songs in the area. I don’t mean to offend, but ordering “chicken parm” in an Italian restaurant is sort of like ordering “General Tso’s Chicken” in a Chinese restaurant or mild curry at Amrit Palace or eating anything at Olive Garden: it suggests that your palette is highly Americanized and that your tastes are staying close to home.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
I like their food quite a bit, their cheese is over used a bit much for me but the sauce is magnificent. I would eat there or at Gio’s if I was looking for Italian. Definitely I would stay away from Francesco’s or Pasta Palace. No one inside the Villages understands Italian.
You are correct Normalcy!
We need to charter a bus tour to ANY major cities Little Italy so the uniformed can experience an epiphany on this style of food
Old 03-24-2024, 06:24 AM

You are correct. I presume they gave me their interpretation of Alfredo. I also presume they just don't know.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:25 AM
Default Napolinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhippee View Post
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.
Worst still, the place looks like a Neapolitan bordello.

Tags
clams, sauce, clam, white, linguini

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.